• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hydrophobic treatment on iPhone?

OF4L

Oakley Enthusiast
Has anyone used the hp pen on their phone? I've got a kit being delivered this week and was considering it.

Can't find anything in the forum or online strangely enough. I'm sure it wouldn't harm it?

iPhones have an Oleophobic treatment already when new ...

Interesting, just read up on it. I believe mine has worn off, the phone is about a year old. It gets smudgy very easily, noticeably easier than when I got it.
Then after you treat it, dunk it underwater and see how well it works...

I wanted to do that! I saw an ad for how they're waterproof now lol ;)

fake-ad.jpg

I applied it to my Note 4. No ill effects from it. I haven't tried it on the Note 5 lol

I applied it to my Note 4. No ill effects from it. I haven't tried it on the Note 5 lol

Perfect thank you sir. Alright my wife tells me it's been delivered, will be attempting it tonight or this week sometime.

UPDATE: cleaned phone screen really good and applied the treatment. And it's amazing. The coating that came with the phone had definitely worn off.

With clean or just washed hands the screen now doesn't register any marks when touching, and glides like a cloud again.

If you're getting active or the day is progressing and you start producing more oils and stuff it'll mark the phone a bit but still nothing like it was before.

Loving it.

UPDATE: cleaned phone screen really good and applied the treatment. And it's amazing. The coating that came with the phone had definitely worn off.

With clean or just washed hands the screen now doesn't register any marks when touching, and glides like a cloud again.

If you're getting active or the day is progressing and you start producing more oils and stuff it'll mark the phone a bit but still nothing like it was before.

Loving it.
Interesting. Have you also tried @kronin323's suggestion? ;)

Back