1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

For the past several days my wife and I (and 4 dogs) have been camping out on Maine's Southern coast in our pimped out Travel Trailer. We love it here and always wish we could stay longer. Anyways we were at the beach today and my wife was going to go out and catch some waves (boogie boarding). She typically wears some old Adidas glasses for this but today she decided to wear a pair of Oakleys I bought her some time ago. They were Fives 2.0 Polished root beer with Gold Iridium (if I remember correctly). To cut a long story short.... I was finishing up my beer and I told her I would be right out. I was standing at the shoreline and this "rogue" wave caught her and took her under. She came up without the sunglasses. She immediately reached for them and motioned to me that " they were gone". I told her not to worry and I would get her a new pair but that was not good enough. She kept me going toe that I said to her before she went in was "don't lose them they are vintage". Whether they are vintage or not does not matter at this point. I still said it.... And it still resonates with her. Anyways they are just sunglasses and I wish I never said they were "vintage". She is really torn up about it simply because she knows I obsess about these things. Anyways, I just though I would pass this short story along.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

I too have expeirnced this. Once the replacement pair is in her hands all will be well. Hope you find a bargain replacement. :cool:

3. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Where are you camping in Southern Maine? I'm about as southern as it gets before NH.

4. del518

We are in Wells.

5. Wicked

You down at the beach at the end of Mile Rd? We own a house on Atlantic Ave. I'm coming to find them Oaks :)

6. del518

That is wher we take the dogs for a walk each morning. Then we we come back to drop the dogs off and we head back down for a quick run. We typically go down to the Moody beach area. We are right at the top of Mile Rd at Wells Beach Resort.

7. Wicked

Right behind McDonalds, good place. I've got friends coming up from Mass. on Sat. and they are staying there. Hope you enjoy your stay and sucks about the Oakleys :(

8. del518

Yep, that is the place. We stay here about 4 times a year. The next time will be in October.

9. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

sounds like you wife is an awesome person. most important thing would be to reassure her coz she feels terrible in losing something you cherish...it is the little moments like these wherein you see how a person really is. your wife seems to have come up a winner. good for you man...

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

WOW.....sorry to hear about that loss. At least your wife came up out of that wave. ;)
    She will eventually be fine...you just have to keep telling her it's ok I believe. One thing that is great, at least she cares.