• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Am SO SICK Of EBay And Paypal....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24

I sold a pair of Tron Gascans I had last week through Paypal. The buyer received them today and immediately files a dispute saying the box had been opened and they were replaced with imitation Oakleys. I've been a collector for years and know the difference. Either this guy doesn't know the difference between real and fake Oakleys or HE replaced them with imitations and is trying to scam me. Anyhow, Paypal immediately withdraws the amount of the transaction amount from my Paypal account putting me in the negative until the dispute can be settled. So now, this guy has my glasses and Paypal has my money. I have neither. I understand they have to protect against scammers and the like, but I have over 400 eBay transactions and probably 500 Paypal transactions. I am a trusted, reliable trader. Shouldn't he have to prove I'm in the wrong? They have went completely to protecting buyers and completely away from protecting sellers. I've noticed this trend over the past few years where sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback, etc. I am so sick of it, I'm going to stop using both of them all together if the trend doesn't stop...

OFF RANT!

Well you should be able to get your glasses back ASAP. That's messed up that he has the glasses now and you have no money. I think he should have to send the glasses back and when they tracking number is entered then you get the glasses. But then again its pretty messed up of him if he switched the glasses. Just pathetic!

eBay is all about buyers now, and as you know eBay own PayPal. It's odd though, earlier this year I bought on eBay what was described as being brand new in box Oakley Frogskins black with +red iridiums and when they arrived they were clearly fake. However, to get my money back I had to prove to eBay they were fake so it's odd that eBay needed proof but PayPal seem to just accept the buyers word.

Ya, it's crazy. Then what do i do if he send me back something fake. I don't know how to resolve that. With over 500 transactions, I think there should be some preference given to those account holders. But they are definitely all about the buyer. If he sends back fake anything, I'll never resolve the negative balance in my paypal account. I'll just close it and never use it again. I'm not losing the money and the glasses...

That's horrible man, sorry to hear that. I learned my lesson as well selling to a guy in malaysia. Sold 2 frogs to him. After 3 weeks of not receiving them he files a dispute and I am put into a negative balance. My tracking info only tracked before it left the US. I never got the sunglasses back or heard from the guy ever again. I hope you get your sunnies back or at least your money. What a punk!

Honestly, I think he's having a little buyer's remorse. It's really ridiculous that there are so many people out there that are either dishonest or seize opportunities to screw others. They say honesty always pays off, but it doesn't always work out that way. I've provided the original receipt proving it was purchased from a reputable sunglasses retailer. I just hope that's enough to show who the honest one is in this whole ordeal.

I had someone file a dispute against me via the EBay dispute process. He said the merchandise was damaged (which it clearly was not). I told him that I would give him a refund after he returned the merchandise, at his expense, which he did not want to do....so he filed a dispute with EBay. My Pay Pal was decremented the amount of the sale.

I had no problem giving him his money back once I received the merchandise back. Anyways, EBay ended up covering the cost of the refund to the guy (not me)....AND....he was able to keep the merchandise. It really ticked me off, that he was not required to send me the merchandise back.

Ya, it's crazy. Then what do i do if he send me back something fake. I don't know how to resolve that.

this is what I first thought when i read your thread, he could send you the glasses back, but he is going to send fake ones. so he is going to get his money back because he sent the glasses back but they are fake and you are screwed.

hope you get this resolved.

It wasnt done thru ebay just directly thru paypal.

I had someone file a dispute against me via the EBay dispute process. He said the merchandise was damaged (which it clearly was not). I told him that I would give him a refund after he returned the merchandise, at his expense, which he did not want to do....so he filed a dispute with EBay. My Pay Pal was decremented the amount of the sale.

I had no problem giving him his money back once I received the merchandise back. Anyways, EBay ended up covering the cost of the refund to the guy (not me)....AND....he was able to keep the merchandise. It really ticked me off, that he was not required to send me the merchandise back.

How was he allowed to keep the merchandise AND get his money back? Paypal will release the funds back to the buyer once the item is returned with tracking info...I would have followed up. NO refund should be given until the mechadise is returned.....

Latest Posts

Back