• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Am SO SICK Of EBay And Paypal....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
Ya he has to prove delivery. I contacted paypal and inquired and they said if i refuse shipment he cant prove delivery and the refund will not be processed..

Sad its come to this...

...but maybe snapping a picture of the merchandise including a copy in the package and saving a copy for yourself, before sending. Sad world we live in when we can't trade and sell our shades w/o scuzz balls getting in the way.

...but maybe snapping a picture of the merchandise including a copy in the package and saving a copy for yourself, before sending. Sad world we live in when we can't trade and sell our shades w/o scuzz balls getting in the way.

I take a video of the items-I take everything out of the packaging, spread it out, show condition, repackage, package for mailing, seal with tape and mailing label all while narrating.

Reading through this forum, it opens afew old wounds for me. Ive been trading on ebay for almost 6 years. I gotten 2 neg feedback from buyers being total idiots. The one guy messaged me with an offer. As I had a best off option on the auction, I advised his to use that. He then used the buy now option at full prices. Paid and only a month later realised what he had done. So left me bad feedback! :mad:

Then next guy, the item was lost in post, i sent out a replacement, that got lost, I sent another replacement, got lost. So i refunded. He wasnt happy!

Ebay always seems to side with the buyers. The fact a seller cant leave had feedback is crazy! U would think ebay would side with the sellers, as we are the ones paying the fees. Yet the buyers, who ebay get nothing directly from, get looked after.:confused:

And lets not even start on the Fakes...:confused:

Reading through this forum, it opens afew old wounds for me. Ive been trading on ebay for almost 6 years. I gotten 2 neg feedback from buyers being total idiots. The one guy messaged me with an offer. As I had a best off option on the auction, I advised his to use that. He then used the buy now option at full prices. Paid and only a month later realised what he had done. So left me bad feedback! :mad:

Then next guy, the item was lost in post, i sent out a replacement, that got lost, I sent another replacement, got lost. So i refunded. He wasnt happy!

Ebay always seems to side with the buyers. The fact a seller cant leave had feedback is crazy! U would think ebay would side with the sellers, as we are the ones paying the fees. Yet the buyers, who ebay get nothing directly from, get looked after.:confused:

And lets not even start on the Fakes...:confused:

Yes, it's very frustrating. They almost always side with the buyers. It's absolutely ridiculous. I even sent them an idea one time saying both buyer and seller can leave positive and negative feedback, but neither feedback is shown until both have left it. Also, failure to leave feedback should be some sort of penalty also to keep buyers/sellers from using that method. It's all about the buyers...I'm very close to no longer user either at all. In ten years of trading, I've never seen it so slanted toward the buyer. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, it's very frustrating. They almost always side with the buyers. It's absolutely ridiculous. I even sent them an idea one time saying both buyer and seller can leave positive and negative feedback, but neither feedback is shown until both have left it. Also, failure to leave feedback should be some sort of penalty also to keep buyers/sellers from using that method. It's all about the buyers...I'm very close to no longer user either at all. In ten years of trading, I've never seen it so slanted toward the buyer. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have to agree. It's ridiculous that buyers can call out, name and shame and warn other buyers about bad sellers (or plain lie about sellers) performance via the feedback system, but sellers can't do the same to warn other sellers about bad buyers. This change was made around 3 years ago and at the time eBay said it was because buyers were scared of buying on eBay because of the threat of getting negative feedback. Now though, it's sellers who are scared of selling on eBay for threat of getting negative feedback and, without sellers, there is no eBay. The problem is the eBay CEO is an absolute douche, his stated goal is for eBay to be like Amazon (i.e. businesses using the site as a portal for selling their goods to customers). He is no longer interested in private sellers using it to sell their items as they don't make enough money that way because the majority of privately sold goods are sold cheaper and at less volume. It's all about the $$$.

I've been a member of eBay since 2001 and never once had any problems until they switched the feedback system, since then at least 30% of the people who have bid and won my auctions have never ended up actually paying for the item and there's nothing I can do to warn others about them. I've had this happen twice in the past month alone. It's a joke.

Bought 6 Oakley radars on ebay to sell here in holland and have a little profit.
5 of them are fake :S sold as authentic. And the stupid thing is that my brother is in college
in the usa, but he was for the summer back over in Holland so he just found out today but
i bought the glasses in june, but now my chance to give them feedback is gone. It is not possible
anymore to give feedback after two or three months. So all four of them are getting away with it.

I actually have only had one fake pair in over 200 transactions but I agree ..someone on another forum was trading with me for about a year and it got to the point where my trust was(stupidly) so we'd send payment and product on same day. Well last transaction I sent 13 pair and got delivery confirmation ..never heard from the guy again but once and it wasn't Ebay so I didn't even have PP protection I took 450 dollar loss...my own stupidity but despicable behavior from a regular on that other forum who is respected...I even got 1 email saying payment late due to death in family...said he'd mail it in am...8 months later and no more emails and no$..Yet all my pairs showed up on Ebay during the time he supposedly was grieving... even tho the fool changed his screen name I know my own customs....there are some good Ebay sellers and i stick with same 4 or 5 people now although my dealing is nearing a semi retirement..sorry for u guys that got ripped off or dealt with bad people...I know the feeling..

Latest Posts

Back