1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Beancooker

Beancooker Oakley Enthusiast

Since I built a sunglasses stand, I figured I needed to build a coin display. I looked around the house and in the garage I had a piece of mirror polished stainless steel that was a Synesso Espresso Machine emblem. I peeled off the Synesso sticker, and cleaned off all the glue residue. I then taped off the top to give me something to mark measurements on, and protect the polished stainless.

I Built A Coin Display To Go With The New Sunglasses Stand... - IMG_0381_zpsdf4572b8.jpg

Next I drilled the holes around the exterior. The laid out the coins. It took quite a while to get them laid out properly, and line up where to drill the holes that will hold up the coins.

I Built A Coin Display To Go With The New Sunglasses Stand... - IMG_0383_zpsaac1e0c4.jpg

Then it took a while to strip the tape, clean off the residue and add all the stainless bolts. After they were nice and tight, I took some time to polish the stainless again. I added the coins and this is what I ended up with. There are some pics of it inside the case also...

I Built A Coin Display To Go With The New Sunglasses Stand... - IMG_0385_zps7dce937e.jpg

I Built A Coin Display To Go With The New Sunglasses Stand... - IMG_0387_zpsd2d8c34a.jpg

I Built A Coin Display To Go With The New Sunglasses Stand... - IMG_0389_zps332cbcac.jpg

Chelas and marc2040 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

That looks awesome!

I'm enjoying all of your creative, crafty DIY display pieces.

3. emjaycee23

emjaycee23 Vocare Ad Regnum

Wow Classic

4. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

Awesome result as usual. The coin display turned out really nice and I really like the bolt accent. Looking forward to your next project.

5. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Looks great!! Whats the coin on the right from? Never seen one. Keep up the good work.

6. Beancooker

Beancooker Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks! I get bored when my wife is at work. TV is lame, and I like to tinker with stuff.
    Thanks! Do you have a suggestion for what I should build next? I'm not sure as to what to do now.
    Thanks! The coin came with a pair of x-metal/ice iridium polarized Juliet's. when I got rid of the Juliet's, I threw in a different coin. I like this one a lot.

7. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wow. How much was it to build it

8. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

You are on a creative role, nice job!

9. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

They look really cool!

10. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

So are those allen head screws with nuts on the back?