1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

So as most of you might know I had to sell all my x metals because of an operation I had. I'm regretting that decision now and had a question

Is there something I can do to the ends of the ear stems so that there isn't a lot of pressure on my head?

TIA

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Well you could always bend them so they flare out, but then everybody will think they're fakes... :D

Really the only way most of them were designed for that sort of adjustment was through different size t-shocks; what sizes were you using?

Also, some frames are better for bigger heads, some for smaller. Which frames gave you trouble?

There's also the flex couplers - they were designed to give flex but would make a pair fit loose when they wore out. A pair in the need of a tuneup would put less pressure, if otherwise acceptable...

3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Were the shorter stems of the X-Squared better or worse in that regard @ausoakley ?

If those are more problematic, then maybe an R1 or XX on the brink of needing a tune up with the lowest numbered t-shox, as Kronin suggests.

Last edited: 1/21/15
  4. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

Thanks for that

kronin323 likes this.
  5. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

I think the x squared is as big as I can go for such a small head/face. Thanks for the input

6. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Trim the t-shox - kinda hollow them out a little- to allow the arms to pivot out a little more at the front of the t-shox.
    That will create more space at the back of the stem where it grips the head.

Last edited: 1/21/15
    ausoakley, Vrexx and SNAFU like this.
  7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

straighten the stems a touch

ausoakley likes this.
  8. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

Thanks for all this info, I don't know why I didn't think of this before I got rid of all my pairs. I think it's time to regain my metals

joecool862, SNAFU, CarGuy and 2 others like this.
  9. SNAFU

SNAFU Oakley Collector

No idea if they fit you or not but you could try a set a Penny's with the spring hinges I find they have a bit of "give" in them and don't have the same really firm pressure of the Juliet's.

That and as mentioned above shave down the T-shox a little would probably work too

10. Tsuius

Tsuius Oakley Beginner

All X Metals are bendable especially the ear stems. You can adjust them to what ever works best on you (to a limit of course).
    Same goes for the rattling lens issues in some Juliets. Just give them a squeeze around the orbitals.