• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I don't know how the big collectors do it... I feel like such a woman.

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
(No offense to the women of the board intended)

Running out for errands on a Sunday morning, it's bright a sunny - a beautiful day. I look at my case and I'm stumped.

I literally said "what am I going to wear today?" aloud to myself.

This is what I was looking at, 40 pairs packed in like sardines.
08CC0723-3FF6-4DD9-8BF1-BB07E1F4B44E-20213-000014F8C7F5BF4A_zpsc898a248.jpg

How do you do it? Do you have a rotation? Do you have a set few you wear and the rest are for display? If you see my sig line ALL of these have the potential to come out and play. Some probably won't, but they're not off limits.

Ordinarily I have 3-4 in the car in cases and I rotate through those as needed and I'm not staring into the case on a daily basis. But everything was collected and called in from the field. Even my pairs that stay at work are home for the weekend for a cleaning and evaluation. There are 2 missing but for other reasons. They don't fit in the case!

Haha too funny. Usually I get a vibe for a certain pair on any given day. Otherwise I will choose based on lens for the current weather conditions.

lol I wake up in the morning and I don't want to take anything out of my case so I just wear whats in the truck.

Btw some stands might help free up some real estate in your display
Stands are too expensive. I'd rather buy more glasses :D

I am working on some solutions though. The trouble is I have other stuff in there. Half of the second from top shelf is lenses, the third shelf has a dozen pairs and a few boxes (the boxes can, admittedly, be removed).

If I could get a dozen or so 3-tiers for a couple bucks a piece (their non-inflated cost) I'd be down for it, but Oakley stands just cost too damn much. And custom stands from Q or whomever aren't much better.

It's EASY Rustpot.....................................................get another display case. That's what i've done this week. I've even got my wifes glasses in it too. Just waiting on 3 pairs to come in for me & i'll be updating mine too............:cool:

It's EASY Rustpot.....................................................get another display case. That's what i've done this week. I've even got my wifes glasses in it too. Just waiting on 3 pairs to come in for me & i'll be updating mine too............:cool:
That's being considered. I'd like to just get a double wide and be done with it. Trouble is cases aren't too common around here. I've only seen a few in the Detroit area and they aren't cheap.

Plus mine is the spindle single with drawers in the bottom, so it's one shelf short of a standard single.

That's being considered. I'd like to just get a double wide and be done with it. Trouble is cases aren't too common around here. I've only seen a few in the Detroit area and they aren't cheap.

Plus mine is the spindle single with drawers in the bottom, so it's one shelf short of a standard single.

I'll buy the door to your existing display when you get a doublewide!
:lol:

I feel overwhelmed sometimes. I have about 75 pair and I try and pick something that I haven't wore in a while. I still find my self trying them on, looking in the mirror and putting a pair back and trying on another pair until I am satisfied.

Back