• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I don't NEED another set of Juliets......but.....

damanx

Oakley Beginner
I kind of want them.

No info from seller other than he lives a couple of miles from me. Waiting to find out if we can meet up so I can take a look at them.

Seller wants $250 and I doubt he's going to budge based on the context of his ad.

Forgot to ask if there was anything else that came with them. Will find out though.

Thoughts?

juliets.jpg

I suggest try to get it for 200. lenses looks flat (aftermarket or wrong donor custom cut) and the rubbers look after market too. and the pit on the left orbital

Not a great picture, but looks like a really beat up polished or plasma frame with after market lenses and rubbers, I would wait to see them and offer less for them.

Needs new rubbers, lenses and probably a tune up so no more than $200. If the rubbers are indeed non-oem and no refinish is needed I would probably send to Oakley for a service.

As it stands, I have 3 pairs, so holding out for a nicer for for just a little more money might be might best bet.

Although I'd love to get just a set of frames and have some progressive lenses put in.

$250
$200?
No way
Maybe half of that?
The seller can't even move the earsock to the proper position for a decent pic?

Speaking of pics...
A picture is worth 1000 words, but this one speaks four
"help me"
&
"stay away"

...depending on what frequency you are tuned into.

One's knowledge of, willingness to restore, and risk appetite (tolerance?) may cause auditory hallucinations in this case. To me, the lenses, frame, and rubbers all look off. I am not sure what kind of polish job that is but... I really do not care in this situation. Technically, I would be comfortable restoring these from the nose pins to the ear stems, but I would still pass on these completely and pay a few $s more and get a pair with fewer worries/?'s. That said sometimes it is fun to get a mystery pair - and it generally good therapy to bring a pair back from the aftermarket grave, but these just look like trouble, literally.

No box or coin, and I can't get the seller to send more pictures.

I'll pass......I need to buy some Magpul PROs anyway...

Back