• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Found my Old Oakleys!

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Looks like my dog grabbed them and hid them behind the couch. They must be a good 10 years old. They are the old SQUARE WIRE 2.0 glasses. The lenses need to be replaced, but Oakley no longer makes them!

Sooo....I got on eBay and found a few companies offering aftermarket lenses. But I have no idea who to go with. I found this company called Revant...and when I looked at the website, they had a video tutorial as to how to replace the lenses. After watching it....the tutorial had glasses that looked just like mine, but the glasses in the video had screws on the frame. Mine don't have screws. The lenses pop in and out.

So...I did some google hunting and found this forum. Came across one thread where a man in China was not happy with his Revant purchase. So, I'd like to know who offers the best after market lenses for our older Oakleys. I have a few pairs....and really like these. I will be keeping an eye open for factory OEM lenses....but just in case, anyone have any suggestions?? THANKS!

Harry

Do they have a screw under the hinge that when removed doesn't open up the orbitals?

Any chance of you adding a couple of photos ?

I've found most of the aftermarket lens companies very accommodating if you have any problems with lens fitment.

Personally I'd avoid exovista as although they are great to look at they are over dark to look through for me.

Do they have a screw under the hinge that when removed doesn't open up the orbitals?

Any chance of you adding a couple of photos ?

I've found most of the aftermarket lens companies very accommodating if you have any problems with lens fitment.

Personally I'd avoid exovista as although they are great to look at they are over dark to look through for me.

Orbitals are solid all the way around. No screws at all. I will take some pics and post them for you. I think these series of glasses are my favorite that Oakley has ever made...they fit me well, and the lady friend agrees I look best in them compared to my other Oakleys. I'm actually on the hunt for the Squared 2.0 titanium version, just to have to match a grey suit or something. I had the titaniums at one point, but were stolen. They really weigh next to nothing. But like I said...I think I'm going to get rid of my other glasses and stick with 2.0 Squared....I just really need to find out who makes the best lenses for them. I might purchase a few used frames, and it would be nice to know where to get the best lenses from. Pics coming tmro. Thanks!!

There's a thread going in the x metal discussion section about fuse lenses with a photo of a square wire 2 with blaze red lenses .

Over the years I've come across a few variations of the "square wire 2" frame.
Two with fixed orbitals, one with a dummy screw and the other as your with no screw.
One of those fits in a standard lens but with the other the dimensions are a fraction out and it makes the frame/ lenses bulge.
It's a while ago now and I'm sorry but I cannot remember which one it was.

Hmmm.....I guess I will try a few companies out, I'll start with ones that accept returns. Why do many versions? I have seen three Squared Wire 2.0 versions. Ugh...

20150821_033217-1.jpg
20150821_033202-1.jpg
20150821_033415-1.jpg
20150820_171953-1.jpg

Oh....and Ravant doesn't carry them, I heard back from them. Walleva might...the video they post for the lenses make them pop in like mine....no screws.

I hope they make these exact glasses in titanium. I was told the Ti Squared Wire 2.0 are the same but in Titanium frame. Just not sure...came across eBay item number 111746323821 but can't tell if they are real. No SKU but says Ti Squared Wire...thoughts?

If you go for the walleva lenes buy via their website and put in code walleva20 at checkout for 20% off

fuse also give 20% off if you sign up to their newsletter

Back