• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Found my Old Oakleys!

I can't find lenses. According to Revant, my Square Wire 2.0 lenses are from the spring hinge 30mm lense version....and they don't make them. Same with Welleva.

WHO MAKES THEM??

Revant sent me this guide to figure out what they made...
Square Wire Comparison.jpg

I don't follow ya....do what?

Instead of buying aftermarket replacements, there are members here on this forum who have a business doing custom cuts. The process involves getting genuine OEM replacement lenses for a different pair that have the correct curvature and suitable surface area, then cutting them down to fit your frames.

It's not the cheapest option, but you end up with genuine Oakley optics and don't have to take any risks with aftermarket quality, assuming you can find even aftermarkets for those frames.

@InfiniteHero, @xmetalmaniac, and @salj838 are well established cutters here. Also, @Chris A Hardaway is a newcomer but with a lot of industry experience.

The fact it has no orbital screws won't be a problem for a pro. Because Oakley lenses are made of Plutonite / polycarbonate they won't chip when flexing and pressing into place. What color are you after buddy!?

i put Fuse lenses in my Square Wire 2.0 Spring Hinge. i use all OEM or custom cut OEM lenses for my glasses but i do have two pairs with Fuse lenses. they are the best of all the aftermarket brands i have tried. i used their Blaze Mirror Polar in my Square Wire 2.0 SH. i didn't feel like spending the money on OEM custom cuts for that frame since i won't wear it much. i just wanted to restore it a bit since it was one of my first pairs i bought many years ago. i just wish they had a shade that was closer to the OEM Oakley Fire lenses the glasses came with.

2im6zxy.jpg

Back