• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I got my shallow water polarized lenses today...and my Tailends came in as well

Patrick Briscoe

Oakley Beginner
Just a fun day, thought I would share. The shallow waters are for my straight jackets while the tailends are a fire lensed sample piece I was able to scoop for an OK price. As far as reviews go...both awesome....The shallow water are definitely a lens that assumes your gonna be looking down more than out and up and into the sun...or that you will be from a place of decent shade looking out into sunny areas. So super bright wide open sun can over power these but they are perfect if used correctly...My tailends on the other hand...Totally awesome...my friends all hate them and say I look like David Bowie meets John Lennon meets the year 2035....so I took that as a compliment...my wife assured me, it was a not a compliment and that they are hideous pieces of alien technology....But everyone agrees the world looks pretty cool when your looking through them....But I love them

I appreciate your feedback. I've been using contrast lland Prizm Daily while fishing here in the MN lakes. I've always wondered about the SWP for my needs. Out in the boat, I think a SWP would not benefit me at all.

right on...I agree, the SWP may not really do much for you out on the wide open water but I think will be the nuts from the bank with some shade...or in my case as I float my kayak at the local spot. its all pretty much 2 to 5ft deep and not real wide so you get to have decent cover...these lenses were made for that...at least it feels like it...next week before they get to do their work

right on...I agree, the SWP may not really do much for you out on the wide open water but I think will be the nuts from the bank with some shade...or in my case as I float my kayak at the local spot. its all pretty much 2 to 5ft deep and not real wide so you get to have decent cover...these lenses were made for that...at least it feels like it...next week before they get to do their work
Keep me posted. I fish from the banks on occasion. My secret spot literally in my front yard.

Back