• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Hate Luxottica Post

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
So screw Luxottica......they are destroying Oakley in many differnt ways which is now pretty much confirmed. I have been watching the forums as well as 60 min, the last pouring of the X metals was the final straw. "Screw Luxottica" should make a statement on here for peoples information bar but I doubt anyone dares to go against the massive company that swallowed up Oakley.

Also, I was already on the road of not any more post Lux frames. Sold the few that I had and only kept the ones that were given to me as gifts or had some form of sentimental value to them. After watching 60 Minutes, it pretty much solidified my decision to not buy anything not X-Metal related from here on out. I'll stick to X-Metals and perhaps Splices which were all pre-Lux, I believe.

If I want a lifestyle pair of sunnies I'll go with Von Zipper or something.

Also, I was already on the road of not any more post Lux frames. Sold the few that I had and only kept the ones that were given to me as gifts or had some form of sentimental value to them. After watching 60 Minutes, it pretty much solidified my decision to not buy anything not X-Metal related from here on out. I'll stick to X-Metals and perhaps Splices which were all pre-Lux, I believe.

If I want a lifestyle pair of sunnies I'll go with Von Zipper or something.

yup splice was 2003 if i remember correctly. im glad im more into vintage stuff anyway. i maybe have 2-3 pairs that are post 2007 out of all my 50+ frames

Wow, really? Enjoy your inferior sunglasses. :laugh:

The amount of Haterade on here makes me sick.
First off, I said IF. I'm not that into the lifestyle scene anyways which means I'll most likely NOT buy them because they're not my thing. But even if I were to wander to other brands, disrespecting my choice to do so is not appreciated.

Second of all, Haterade? Crying over spilled milk like you mentioned in the other thread? Real mature and a real stand up way to act for a Moderator. I actually thought your post in the other thread was very informative... up until the end where you mentioned people where crying over spilled milk. There was a reason why I went on a hiatus from this forum and I'm reminded why I did so. I came back because of the good people who were actually willing to help instead of tossing backhanded insults.

I may be a moderator but that doesn't mean I don't have personal opinions. I have deleted the original post.

Sorry, I realize now what I said before was harsh. But isn't it true? Isn't that why we love and wear Oakley in the first place?

I know we all hear stuff and have opinions about what is going on. But sometimes we need to take the time to think about what we are typing and expressing in our words. We also make statements about things just to relieve ourselves of what is on our mind.

All to often we don't realize how this can affect others or at the very least how it makes us look to the rest of the forum. Who is right is not the question here..... We all love Oakley and anything that makes us feel that Oakley is being bullied, or whatever makes us emotional, and thus we express it in our post. So before you press the "post quick replay" button, think about it......

I too am not perfect but each and every day I try harder to be nicer to others, you don't know how they feel or what is on their mind. Thanks all..... I hope that members will try to refrain from flaming each other in this thread from this post on....... Thanks again.

Back