• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"I have been wearing Oakleys before *insert celeb here* wore it in *some show*!"

ShadedChimera

Oakley Beginner
I had a slightly annoying episode recently when a classmate approached me regarding my pair of Radarlock Path with photochromic lenses.

Now, I don't watch TV, so whatever hit show I hear about, I find out through reading the paper or listening to conversations. Here in Korea, the big show right now is called "Descendants of the Sun," and based on my very meager knowledge, it's about some Korean military detachment in some foreign nation, and the commander of that detachment is also involved in some kind of budding love story. He apparently appears wearing a pair of Radarlock Paths with either clear or photochromic lenses.

So, my classmate noticed that I had the same pair, and asked, "Oh, did you get that pair after watching that drama?"

Me: The heck are you talking about? I've been wearing this pair even before that show went on air!

Anyone have similar stories to share?

I had a slightly annoying episode recently when a classmate approached me regarding my pair of Radarlock Path with photochromic lenses.

Now, I don't watch TV, so whatever hit show I hear about, I find out through reading the paper or listening to conversations. Here in Korea, the big show right now is called "Descendants of the Sun," and based on my very meager knowledge, it's about some Korean military detachment in some foreign nation, and the commander of that detachment is also involved in some kind of budding love story. He apparently appears wearing a pair of Radarlock Paths with either clear or photochromic lenses.

So, my classmate noticed that I had the same pair, and asked, "Oh, did you get that pair after watching that drama?"

Me: The heck are you talking about? I've been wearing this pair even before that show went on air!

Anyone have similar stories to share?
I would think a lot of people do that to their friends who wear Oakleys. I bet it is annoying though I've never had anyone say that to me

yes similar thing happened to me....i bought the uranium radar ev prizm road few days after its release date..and after about six months later one of my friends came to me and said that i bought just because south african cricketers are wearing it.

Latest Posts

Back