• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Just Got Each Pair Of 24k Serial, 24k Sample And Ducati

They fit my face better, I have a smaller face, and I bought my first pair with prescription in 98, and loved them ever since.
can I see your prescription lens , how much u pay for , I'm pretty sure u pay less since 98 you purchase the item

What us your favorite xmetal line up, I heard Romeo is top of the line in xmetal

Romeos are the original x-metals, released in 1997 and discontinued after 2004. You'll pay the most for them.

Juliets were produced the longest, from 1999 until all x-metals were discontinued. One could say they were the most popular; there's more of them out there than any other x-metal frame which also makes them the most affordable. They're my personal favorite.

In that picture you've got three X-Squared (XS) on the left, which were the last x-metal frame design, from 2009 until all were discontinued.

On the right, the bottom two are Juliets.

I'm not sure about the top right one - they look like XX, with hammer stems and slightly taller orbitals then Juliets. But the 24K XXs only had 24K nosebridge and earstems, the orbitals were plasma, while yours look completely 24K. Also the orbital break on XXs is at a slightly different angle than on Juliets and in that pic they look the same, maybe the taller orbitals is just an illusion from the camera angle. But they didn't release 24K Juliets with hammer stems, so I'm confused on that pair. Do they have a serial?

You can find more info on the different x-metal frames, when they were produced, and which colorways were released here:

O-Review
(filter by frame family x-metal if the link doesn't do it already)

Romeos are the original x-metals, released in 1997 and discontinued after 2004. You'll pay the most for them.

Juliets were produced the longest, from 1999 until all x-metals were discontinued. One could say they were the most popular; there's more of them out there than any other x-metal frame which also makes them the most affordable. They're my personal favorite.

In that picture you've got three X-Squared (XS) on the left, which were the last x-metal frame design, from 2009 until all were discontinued.

On the right, the bottom two are Juliets.

I'm not sure about the top right one - they look like XX, with hammer stems and slightly taller orbitals then Juliets. But the 24K XXs only had 24K nosebridge and earstems, the orbitals were plasma, while yours look completely 24K. Also the orbital break on XXs is at a slightly different angle than on Juliets and in that pic they look the same, maybe the taller orbitals is just an illusion from the camera angle. But they didn't release 24K Juliets with hammer stems, so I'm confused on that pair. Do they have a serial?

You can find more info on the different x-metal frames, when they were produced, and which colorways were released here:

O-Review
(filter by frame family x-metal if the link doesn't do it already)
The right top one is juliet 24k serial and the second juliet sample

7ega4umy.jpg

The two top are the serial 24k, middle are the 24k sample and button are Ducati

So am I buggin thinking that the top right pair has hammer stems? Maybe I'm getting fooled by the pic.

Either way it's an awesome haul, I can't imagine what it set you back...