1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

i got my BatWolf frames in earlier this week, and my lenses in about a hour ago, and i have a few questions about the fit of the lenses. the lenses were sold to me on ebay as brand new OEM OAKLEY BATWOLF WARM GREY LENS 43-362

do the lenses fit with no gap, or is there a gasket I'm missing? heres a few pics of my new to me Batwolfs, including the little gaps in question on the outside edges.

I Just Got My BatWolfs And Lenses In. - image_zps71d5267e.jpg

I Just Got My BatWolfs And Lenses In. - image_zpsce723d7b.jpg

I Just Got My BatWolfs And Lenses In. - image_zps8ee965f4.jpg

I Just Got My BatWolfs And Lenses In. - image_zpscfeaa271.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

There's definitely not supposed to be a gap. Was there a box or anything with them?

Could be that they're Antix, Oil Rig, or some other shield lens.

3. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

4. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

lenses without iridium coating tend to be a bit thinner than ones with it. i'm assuming warm grey has no iridium coating so that might be the issue?

i had that kind of an issue with my half jacket 1.0, when i installed grey lenses on them, one of the orbitals was loose/there was a gap near where the lens latches, whereas when i switched them to ruby iridium, the looseness/gap went away.

i've bought from that seller before and he/she sells authentic oakleys as far as i remember.

5. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

that could be it, but the batwolfs i have tried on in Dicks sporting goods were warm grey as well, and they didnt have the gaps.

im not going to whine about it. im pretty happy having GREAT sunglasses that make my ugly mug look better. seriously, i have had 5 different very pretty girls my sister knows, say "wow they look so good on you".

I really should have scored a pair much, much sooner.

I've been hitting up people that do Hydro dip here in NC, to see if they can do my frames in multicam, for that extra bit of mall ninja/gearwhore street cred.

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I just had my Ten done up in Multicam
    Finished Water Transfer Group Buy Part 3 pics

7. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

i really liked how yours came out. that matte finish is pretty operator.