• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Know What I Said...

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I know I said that I was about done, who among us has not said the same thing at some point?
We'll start with a JBR. Some purchases make you say "Oh Wow!" and others just make you say "OK...".
The Medusa, when I got it and opened it up I thought "Wow!".
When I got the JBR I just went "OK". Like, "is that all there is?". Apparently yes because it is virtually indistinguishable from Carbon.
Which probably explains why it had such a short product life span.
The VR28 lenses are pretty fantastic though:

8379701239_0bf259c2ae_c.jpg

8379700007_76157caab5_c.jpg

8380781168_ff3cea0b46_c.jpg

Compared to the Finito (sorry about the lighting) they are virtually the same:

8380782002_e3a5546aea_c.jpg

8380781848_ccaa40fb96_c.jpg

On an uplifting note, some purchases are overachievers and are more than expected. Purchased from MonsterDog, they took forever to arrive using Romanian Post and maybe that made me appreciate them more. Or maybe its just a good colorway. Or maybe I'm allergic to Ichiros. Sorry Marty...

8379697053_28997ee3a1_c.jpg

8380778630_646d271e57_c.jpg

8380778196_74824bd594_c.jpg

8380779006_af307cbd0d_c.jpg

More to follow... next

And lastly the one that made me say "I get it", the Copper Penny. I specifically said that it didn't do anything for me but I had an extra 24K Juliet and Mopiko had an extra Copper Penny. We both wanted to be like Jcesl2 anyway so we traded. The Copper Penny is one of the most districtive colorways that I have seen in a while:

8379699027_e686ee766b_c.jpg

8379698619_371922be1d_c.jpg

8379699389_0c15033511_c.jpg

I'm really done this time. Well, until next time. :rolleyes:

I like the JBR. Something about it. I'm thinking about getting another pair to wear.

Is that a regular carbon frame? The blue looks really good on that. Glad you like the copper penny. I think it really stands out in a display case. None of the other x-metals look even close. That serial number is high, I didn't realize they made that many of them. I always thought it was only a couple thousand. Apparently not, since there are also all the unserialized pairs out there. I appreciate being though of as an enabler. But I've only had my copper penny for 3 weeks, so I can't really take the credit for that. :biggrin:

I know I said that I was about done, who among us has not said the same thing at some point?
We'll start with a JBR. Some purchases make you say "Oh Wow!" and others just make you say "OK...".
The Medusa, when I got it and opened it up I thought "Wow!".
When I got the JBR I just went "OK". Like, "is that all there is?". Apparently yes because it is virtually indistinguishable from Carbon.
Which probably explains why it had such a short product life span.
The VR50 lenses are pretty fantastic though:

8379701239_0bf259c2ae_c.jpg

8379700007_76157caab5_c.jpg

8380781168_ff3cea0b46_c.jpg

Compared to the Finito (sorry about the lighting) they are virtually the same:

8380782002_e3a5546aea_c.jpg

8380781848_ccaa40fb96_c.jpg

On an uplifting note, some purchases are overachievers and are more than expected. Purchased from MonsterDog, they took forever to arrive using Romanian Post and maybe that made me appreciate them more. Or maybe its just a good colorway. Or maybe I'm allergic to Ichiros. Sorry Marty...

8379697053_28997ee3a1_c.jpg

8380778630_646d271e57_c.jpg

8380778196_74824bd594_c.jpg

8380779006_af307cbd0d_c.jpg

More to follow... next

Ive seen that Finito Juliet a few times on the forum, but I really dont know what it is. Could you fill me in on what the Finito means?

I like the JBR. Something about it. I'm thinking about getting another pair to wear.
Is that a regular carbon frame? The blue looks really good on that. Glad you like the copper penny. I think it really stands out in a display case. None of the other x-metals look even close. That serial number is high, I didn't realize they made that many of them. I always thought it was only a couple thousand. Apparently not, since there are also all the unserialized pairs out there. I appreciate being though of as an enabler. But I've only had my copper penny for 3 weeks, so I can't really take the credit for that. :biggrin:
Can you honestly see an obvious difference between JBR and the old carbon like on the Finito that I used for reference?

It's definately not as glossy of a finish as later carbons.

The Black/ Ichiro is a regular carbon frame and yes, it does exceed expectations.

You are indeed an enabler. As is everyone else here with a login.

Ive seen that Finito Juliet a few times on the forum, but I really dont know what it is. Could you fill me in on what the Finito means?

The Finito was a LTD ED in honor of a Latin American boxer named Ricardo Lopez. One of three boxers to retire undefeated:

Ricardo López (boxer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celebrated by the Juliet Finito whose serials start with FINITOxxxxxx :

Oakley RICARDO "FINITO" LOPEZ JULIET Eyewear

Can you honestly see an obvious difference between JBR and the old carbon like on the Finito that I used for reference?

It's definately not as glossy of a finish as later carbons.

The Black/ Ichiro is a regular carbon frame and yes, it does exceed expectations.

You are indeed an enabler. As is everyone else here with a login.

It may depend on the pair. If I remember correctly, the reason they stopped making them so fast was that the brown was not consistent. The ones I have are very chocolate like. If that makes sense. Or I know they are rare as hell and it's all in my head. :tongue:

I may need to copy that OO/carbon with blue rubber... You know what, I remember talking to you about JBRs. I inspired you.

Latest Posts

Back