1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I know I said that I was about done, who among us has not said the same thing at some point?
    We'll start with a JBR. Some purchases make you say "Oh Wow!" and others just make you say "OK...".
    The Medusa, when I got it and opened it up I thought "Wow!".
    When I got the JBR I just went "OK". Like, "is that all there is?". Apparently yes because it is virtually indistinguishable from Carbon.
    Which probably explains why it had such a short product life span.
    The VR28 lenses are pretty fantastic though:

I Know What I Said... - 8379701239_0bf259c2ae_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8379700007_76157caab5_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8380781168_ff3cea0b46_c.jpg

Compared to the Finito (sorry about the lighting) they are virtually the same:

I Know What I Said... - 8380782002_e3a5546aea_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8380781848_ccaa40fb96_c.jpg

On an uplifting note, some purchases are overachievers and are more than expected. Purchased from MonsterDog, they took forever to arrive using Romanian Post and maybe that made me appreciate them more. Or maybe its just a good colorway. Or maybe I'm allergic to Ichiros. Sorry Marty...

I Know What I Said... - 8379697053_28997ee3a1_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8380778630_646d271e57_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8380778196_74824bd594_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8380779006_af307cbd0d_c.jpg

More to follow... next

Carrera1963 and OakleyGuru379 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. CarGuy

And lastly the one that made me say "I get it", the Copper Penny. I specifically said that it didn't do anything for me but I had an extra 24K Juliet and Mopiko had an extra Copper Penny. We both wanted to be like Jcesl2 anyway so we traded. The Copper Penny is one of the most districtive colorways that I have seen in a while:

I Know What I Said... - 8379699027_e686ee766b_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8379698619_371922be1d_c.jpg

I Know What I Said... - 8379699389_0c15033511_c.jpg

I'm really done this time. Well, until next time. :rolleyes:

3. Tuttjr

Tuttjr Oakley Enthusiast

Love that vr 50 lens too

4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

Liking the pennys bro! And youre right in saying that at some point i also said "im done" and yet here iam still looking for whats next....

5. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Great frames

6. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

I like the JBR. Something about it. I'm thinking about getting another pair to wear.

Is that a regular carbon frame? The blue looks really good on that. Glad you like the copper penny. I think it really stands out in a display case. None of the other x-metals look even close. That serial number is high, I didn't realize they made that many of them. I always thought it was only a couple thousand. Apparently not, since there are also all the unserialized pairs out there. I appreciate being though of as an enabler. But I've only had my copper penny for 3 weeks, so I can't really take the credit for that. :biggrin:

7. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Ive seen that Finito Juliet a few times on the forum, but I really dont know what it is. Could you fill me in on what the Finito means?

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Its definitely a cool collection

9. CarGuy

Can you honestly see an obvious difference between JBR and the old carbon like on the Finito that I used for reference?

It's definately not as glossy of a finish as later carbons.

The Black/ Ichiro is a regular carbon frame and yes, it does exceed expectations.

You are indeed an enabler. As is everyone else here with a login.

The Finito was a LTD ED in honor of a Latin American boxer named Ricardo Lopez. One of three boxers to retire undefeated:

Ricardo López (boxer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celebrated by the Juliet Finito whose serials start with FINITOxxxxxx :

Oakley RICARDO "FINITO" LOPEZ JULIET Eyewear

10. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

It may depend on the pair. If I remember correctly, the reason they stopped making them so fast was that the brown was not consistent. The ones I have are very chocolate like. If that makes sense. Or I know they are rare as hell and it's all in my head. :tongue:

I may need to copy that OO/carbon with blue rubber... You know what, I remember talking to you about JBRs. I inspired you.