1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. john9721

john9721 Oakley Beginner

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot! Received a new pair of Fuel Cells in the mail today. Got them from 6PM, which I've had good luck with in the past. This pair has me concerned. No authenticity card, but warranty card is there. There was also no MADE IN USA stamped on the arm, which I thought all of them had (At least the 3 pairs of fuel cells I've owned have). Also, they are polarized, and had a 'P" sticker on the lens, which I understand is a big red flag. Box looks pretty legit, as does the soft pouch. What am I working with here? Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Pictures would help but it does not sound fake to me. Polarized lenses Come with a P sticker on them. Use to be blue and now is red. The USA is not a concern as they have been made in China along with majority of the rest of the products.

Blockster likes this.
  3. VolcanOG

VolcanOG Xs and Os Premium Member

I'll leave this to the pros but a lot of the new ones are not stamped USA anymore and I'm told that's because luxotica owns them now and has started making them in China. Talking to the maanger at the local sunglass hut she told me this and she said of they aren't stamped USA they are most likely a China. I have seen several pairs marked China that are legit Oakley's too. My rule is they have to say USA or I don't buy them.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Even without seeing the photos I'm gonna go with they are not fake.

6pm is a legit site to buy from.

P sticker? Not an issue
    No made in USA? Not an issue anymore.

Photos would be better but I'm betting they're real

5. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

If you bought them from 6PM then they are legit. 6pm usually sells new styles and marked down clearance styles..

6. Ryan Donovan

Ryan Donovan Oakley Beginner

Hate the China stamp just don't seem right!!!

7. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Get used to it. At least on wire frames.

8. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

An authenticity card? Maybe I've been missing something. I don't think I've seen nor heard of that. Maybe I've seen one but trashed it in my excitement of getting new Oakley in the mail.

9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Pics??

10. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

And ... There's no such thing as an authenticity card ... Just a warranty card ...

QLR1 likes this.