• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Need RX Reading Glasses, Help Me Choose....

I decided on the Tumbleweed 0.5 I didn't realize how much they would have been! Thank god for insurance!!!! I picked them up tonight and they are awesome.....

41087914-c2ec-0065.jpg

So, do you have an actual prescription or do you just need readers like +1.00 and so on? If its the latter, some of the Vaults carry readers for $49.

I have and use the Oakley reading glasses, unfortunately I believe the discontinued making them. The selection is very limited at best in most Vaults, if you know of a decent selection in a Vault let me know.

how much do glasses like these usually cost? especially the tumbleweeds.

Without insurance if you were to walk into an optometrist and walk out with Rx Oakleys? Depends on the lens you get put in them. Rx frames are WAY over priced since most people use their insurance to buy them. You're looking at $300-500 easy, $200-300 for just the frame.

how much do glasses like these usually cost? especially the tumbleweeds.

The frames were priced at $200 (eBay sells them for $139). With RX and frame there were $480. I paid $190. But I also got anti glare and I opted for the insurance they offer which covers them for everything unless they are lost or stolen. The insurance lets me swap frames and lenses anytime within a year if I find something else I like for just $25.00. After a year I can renew it too. Then if I need a new RX, my insurance covers that yearly after a fresh exam.

I like the Currency's. I have to pick up a pair of RX soon since I was at the doctors and he said I need glasses. Either the Currency's or a pair of Gucci's.

Back