• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I need some help with a pair of Penny Ice that I'm buying

There are 2 hinge screws that hold the earstem to the frame. ( DO NOT REMOVE THEM! Just check that they move freely and there are two at the orbital, which hold the lenses, these you can remove but essentially you're just making sure they aren't seized or stripped. Make sure you have a quality T6 driver to perform these checks

uploadfromtaptalk1441672791081.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441672812185.jpg

FYI Penny weighs 42grams if I remember correctly. That pair looks real and for <$200 it's a pretty good deal. Even if there's a few flaws with it. There's nothing that can't be fixed.

Yeah they look legit and the only cautionary view is that last pic with the hinge gap that dragonvoi pointed out. Price is great.

they will have a spring hinge as well so ensure that it functions correctly - the arms should over extend when opening and spring back slightly to grip the side of your head. if the spring has gone, they will be a loose fit.

Also, if the date on that camera is/was correct, those pictures are 8 1/2 years old. Make sure you go over every inch of those once you get them in your hands. Good luck.

Back