• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Now Have Room To Grow!

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
I have been obsessing over getting a Double Wide case for months and months. I Never really felt comfortable buying one of EBay unless I would be able to pick it up (and most were out of driving distance). There have been some that would pop up on CL that were within driving distance...but they were way overpriced.

Thanks to a CL alert on my phone Sunday night....I finally found the posting that I was looking for. A double wide for $125 or two double wides for $200. This posting was in Saratoga Springs, NY which is about 20 minutes from me. I immediatley call the guy and he said they were still available but he would not be able to show to me until Monday. He also indicated that he had a smaller case that he didn't post. I told him that I would be interested in that one as well (thinking it was a cube or table top).

He called me Monday morning (I thought for sure he was going to jerk me around) but he said he couldn't get out of work...and we would have to arrange a time on Tuesday. At this point my high hopes were becoming deflated...and I had a feeling that this deal was not going to happen.

I called him this morning and he said that we were still on for tonight at 5PM:smile: I meet the guy at his house and the three cases are outside on his porch. I had an immediate grin from ear to ear. He asks me what I was going to use them for and I said Oakley's. He smirked and said that he collects Jordans (he has 400 - 500 pair). I asked if he had any of the Jordan Oakley and he said yes. He also said that he had some of the Vaults as well. He didn't offer to show me anything else....so I didn't ask. I did tell him that if we wanted to sell any of them to give me a call.

Anyways, he helped me load them in my truck and I was off.

Here are some Pics....

It is a gas guzzler....but it comes in handy some times....
2012-04-17175838.jpg

1st Double wide it is in great shape...needs some polishing..and some marks need to be removed from the plexi, but it comes with all shelves and the locks work.
2012-04-17185153.jpg

2nd Double wide is in the same shape as the 1st one.
2012-04-17185204.jpg

I guess I would still call this a Single Wide? The door opens and the inside case spins. It needs to be "lubed" (not exactly sure how to do that) but it still spins....it is just a little noisy.
2012-04-17185219.jpg

2012-04-17185311.jpg

When you open the bottom there are 4 drawers that also need to be "lubed" but they still work.
2012-04-17185242.jpg

I paid $300 for all 3 cases, which gives me 5 cases overall.:dance3: Which is plenty of room to grow the collection.

Oh man if you want to make someone happy let me know, I have my oakleys on a wooden shelves, same problem I have to expensive, and people want to even win cash on the shipping, congrats I gotta keep an eye on one of those deals.

Nice! Does the Single have pegs for shelves? I haven't seen one of those in a long time....great score!!!!

Back