• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I realise I'm going against the grain here...

Slumping sales? No. Billions in profit? Yes.
I mean in the long run, sales will start dropping off if Lux keeps sending O down the current path. The general public may be eating up the new designs, but most collectors are not too happy with current designs. If you keep eating up Big Tacos, you're bound to throw up sooner or later

7ydapyhe.jpg
When u can bring something useful to the table let me know.

Wasn't a dig. Just saying if I sell a product and believe in it I buy it. Was a car salesman for Nissan. Guess what I drive...Nissan Titan.

Sold appliances at Sears...I own Kenmore and a Samsung TV as I was educated and sold Samsung.

Point I'm making is that u sell several brands but u came to a Oakley forum but don't own a pair. Just looking to boost sales maybe. Idk. Anyways welcome to the forum

I mean in the long run, sales will start dropping off if Lux keeps sending O down the current path. The general public may be eating up the new designs, but most collectors are not too happy with current designs. If you keep eating up Big Tacos, you're bound to throw up sooner or later
I think you're not looking at the fact that collectors make up... a few thousand customers maybe? Compare that to the "general public" that buys 1 maybe 2 pairs. They want what's in style, or performance shades.

Lol. This is a deadbeat topic. Even a Oakley DM told me 2013 was not a good year for the company release wise. She said 2014 would be better. But yes if you are a dealer, you may not want a 2013 pair but there are plenty of previous releases that you can buy. I own 65 pairs, two display cases and tons of other clothing and accessories.

:rolleyes: Of course, because you own 65 pairs it's a deadbeat topic.

Wasn't a dig. Just saying if I sell a product and believe in it I buy it. Was a car salesman for Nissan. Guess what I drive...Nissan Titan.

Sold appliances at Sears...I own Kenmore and a Samsung TV as I was educated and sold Samsung.

Point I'm making is that u sell several brands but u came to a Oakley forum but don't own a pair. Just looking to boost sales maybe. Idk. Anyways welcome to the forum

You're confusing me with guy that owns the store. I'm not. ;)

I think you're not looking at the fact that collectors make up... a few thousand customers maybe? Compare that to the "general public" that buys 1 maybe 2 pairs. They want what's in style, or performance shades.

Exactly. The number of collectors cannot compare to the general public. In order to stay in business one must sell what the public will buy a lot of.

Remember Oakley is now a worldwide brand, far bigger now than when Jim owned the company. They must compete with not only all the brands under the Lux umbrella, but with everyone else as well.

Latest Posts

Back