1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Slojack

Slojack Oakley Collector Premium Member

Digging through a junk drawer came across these in a bag. I've only had one pair of XMetals before my recent purchases. It was a pair of Juliet's in what I'd call rough plasma. I bought a set of VisionLenses in fire to preserve the OEMs, problem is I can't remember what the original lenses were. How can I tell if these Emeralds are Oakley's? Don't know serial #.

I should clean more often. - 20151010_120713.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Well the rubber looks right for OEM. The lenses look like Emerald and they appear to be consistent with the OEM color. Often aftermarket lenses are thinner than OEM lenses. Do you have any OEM lenses to compare these to?

3. Slojack

I should clean more often. - 20151010_124923.jpg Rubbers are def OEM, Except one set of nosebombs. Emerald next to an OEM Ice Blue. Same thickness but not same edge grind.

4. joecool862

Which is which man, I take it the Ice is in top? Maybe one of our lens cutters could weigh in? But I agree, the one on the bottom definitely has a rougher edge.

5. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Why's the first letters on your Juliets serial number? You can also look on O-Review to find serial information under information, serial list

6. Slojack

You are correct. Top is OEM.

I lost the Juliet's about 5 years ago so don't have serial.

7. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

bottom is aftermarket. oem lenses taper in thickness where the center is thicker than the edges as per the mounting instructions insert in all replacement lenses.

pjd1234 likes this.
  8. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

I second dragons post.

9. joecool862

Yeah, I agree with the guys above, those are not OEM man... That edge looks really rough compared to OEM, but I'm sure you probably figured that out when you put them next to each other

10. Slojack

Ya. The more I look at them and other Oakley lenses I have-not authentic. Still they are a nice pair of scratch free thick lenses so I won't complain from here on out. A buddy that I haven't talked to in a while has a pair of well worn Polished/Fire Julies he says he hasn't worn in years, they're in a drawer somewhere. We are having a beer soon and will negotiate a price that is going to be low. May have to put these in them. Thanks for the input that's why I came here, being the XMetal noob I am.

joecool862 and dragonvoi like this.