• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Think I Am Done Collecting.....

stevan5150

Oakley Expert
I am finally at 50 pairs and honestly It is hard for me to find anything now that i really want. Especially since i don't buy it unless i will wear it. I would honestly say i am completely and utterly content with my collection. I would say the only thing that i am missing that i would really want is an Romeo 1 but its not a "GOTTA HAVE". I feel 50 is a good number considering i have all my "white whales".
I find myself at times searching Ebay for a deal just to spend the money that is burning a hole in my pocket. Which i feel isn't necessarily healthy lol.
I am not however leaving the forum. Just thought I would post this and see if anyone else is to this point in their collecting.

congrat's on getting to where you want in your collection Stevan. It's a nice feeling having what you want and being content with where you are.

You could do a collection photo now. Me Im always looking for stuff to buy. its small compared to yours, 25 i think. but the money side of it forces me to take my time which is painful haha.
enjoy your collection.

I'm at 54 (or something like that) at the moment. Not bad from 14 last March. I've a couple of frames i'd really like to get hold of. An OTT & the Night Camo Thump's. After that I'm sure I'll steady down but finish that I'm not too sure of. I need some new cycle gear too so I think my purchases will have to slow down on that account. I have a feeling I'll be looking at 100 pairs, all of which I would need to be able to wear before I consider stopping. Congrats on hitting 50 stevan & like HDO said it would be good to see a photo of them as I know you have some right gems in among them.

I will post some new pics this weekend, since I promised also i would post pics of my "mancave" as well. Since they are all in the same room.

I cycle as well, well MTB not a roadie. That hobby alone can make you go poor quick!!!!

I will post some new pics this weekend, since I promised also i would post pics of my "mancave" as well. Since they are all in the same room.

I cycle as well, well MTB not a roadie. That hobby alone can make you go poor quick!!!!

I've both bikes but spend most of the time on my roadbike now. My mountain bike hasn't been off road for about 2 years. Good hobby to have when it comes to Oakley.

I am finally at 50 pairs and honestly It is hard for me to find anything now that i really want. Especially since i don't buy it unless i will wear it.

I do the same, so I'm really limited in the pairs I buy since I don't like the blocky frames and the sleeker jacket-styles are mostly medium and small fitting. I'm only at 15 and I feel like a few here and there is all I'll do, and just keep adding lenses and frames for my existing pairs.

I'd like a Romeo, OTT, Mars, Zero 0.6, Sub Zero, Eyeshade, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost at this point.

It's good to be content, and to anticipate future releases that may pique your interest...

well congrats on the achievement.

I recently bought a few artist series (hijinx all) that i wanted to have ever since i seen them. But for now i think i would like to have a few more pairs for daily use. My plan is to at some point reach 20 and stay around that, but im in no big hurry or anything, ill get there when i get there.

Latest Posts

Back