• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I think I did OK on this Penny...

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Not bad for $262? Will be sending them to the X-Man for an X-Metal finish and tighter frame. Got a set of Ruby lenses waiting, but these have blue ice iridium lenses that are said to be mint. It has a titanium finish, and will take a closer look and see if I want the X-Metal finish once it arrives...if it's nice the way it is, I will just have everything tightened. These will be my everyday glasses as I just got a first gen X-Metal penny with ruby lenses with a serial number in the hundreds. Rubber pieces are all good. Today was a good day. :) The pic is not that good....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 5.16.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 5.16.16 PM.png
    61 KB · Views: 254
Yeah....I don't really want to mess up the mint 1st gen serial ruby ones I have, so I want a pair for everyday use. Going to have them tightened up for sure, just not sure if I should do the X-Metal finish or not. If the titanium is in good shape, I may just keep it as is and just have it tightened. I have a set of ruby lenses coming in the mail, and ruby will go better with the X-Metal finish, IMHO. And ice blue will go better with a titanium finish. So I'll have to make up my mind when I see them up close. :)

Yeah....if the finish is nice and clean, I may just leave it as is. If it's not...I may have the X-MAN do it in X-Metal, but I like the looks of the titanium/ice combo to be honest. Maybe get some blue socks and rubber pieces from Linegear...might be too much though. Maybe?

Yeah....if the finish is nice and clean, I may just leave it as is. If it's not...I may have the X-MAN do it in X-Metal, but I like the looks of the titanium/ice combo to be honest. Maybe get some blue socks and rubber pieces from Linegear...might be too much though. Maybe?
The blue rubbers will look good. Not too much.