• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Think I Got Ripped Off!

MaukaRunner

Oakley Expert
Oahu, Hawaii
I just bought a Gascan S from a 16 year old kid. It had all the signs of a real one. Arms click when opening, stamped white SKU, but I noticed I can't remove the arms and when looking real good there are two holes at the bottom with what looks like pins.

Are the Gascan S's arms pinned?

Crap!

Metal pins?

I don't believe any of the gascans (or Square O frames) have metal pins in them. I think the only plastic frames that have pins are the Jawbones (Racing Jacket) and the Split Jackets.

Anyone else know if this is the case?

I just went to meet the seller to get my money back and he said he didn't know it was a fake. I took some pics but I don't have my usb cable here at work. I asked him where he got it and he said his uncle bought it. Felt kinda sorry since it was a 16 year old kid.

It was a marbled S with the 12-941 on the right arm. What made me notice was when I tried to remove the arm and it wouldn't come off then I saw the holes at the bottom of the frame.

Damn, I really need to get the "I want this" and forget my logic to check things carefully. At least everything worked out well.

Today wasn't a good day for buying used Oakleys. First I was supposed to meet a guy to get a Flak Jacket frame. Looked real bad but it was only $30. He didn't show up. Then the fake Gascan. Man, now I'm more wary of buying used stuff. At least I can see the stuff locally but I really need to be educated so I don't get ripped off again.

i can only speak for the regular gascans and they do have holes underneath but no pins on those holes. the sku# you gave is the shadow camo frame, which matches your description of it being marble-colored. are you sure you saw metal pins under the holes on each side?

Back