1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Oakley Enthusiast

I just bought a Gascan S from a 16 year old kid. It had all the signs of a real one. Arms click when opening, stamped white SKU, but I noticed I can't remove the arms and when looking real good there are two holes at the bottom with what looks like pins.

Are the Gascan S's arms pinned?

Crap!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

post some pics

3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Metal pins?

I don't believe any of the gascans (or Square O frames) have metal pins in them. I think the only plastic frames that have pins are the Jawbones (Racing Jacket) and the Split Jackets.

Anyone else know if this is the case?

4. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

10 pairs of gas an s no pins here

5. MaukaRunner

I just went to meet the seller to get my money back and he said he didn't know it was a fake. I took some pics but I don't have my usb cable here at work. I asked him where he got it and he said his uncle bought it. Felt kinda sorry since it was a 16 year old kid.

It was a marbled S with the 12-941 on the right arm. What made me notice was when I tried to remove the arm and it wouldn't come off then I saw the holes at the bottom of the frame.

Damn, I really need to get the "I want this" and forget my logic to check things carefully. At least everything worked out well.

6. MaukaRunner

Today wasn't a good day for buying used Oakleys. First I was supposed to meet a guy to get a Flak Jacket frame. Looked real bad but it was only $30. He didn't show up. Then the fake Gascan. Man, now I'm more wary of buying used stuff. At least I can see the stuff locally but I really need to be educated so I don't get ripped off again.

7. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Nothing beats buying it from a store brand new

8. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

i can only speak for the regular gascans and they do have holes underneath but no pins on those holes. the sku# you gave is the shadow camo frame, which matches your description of it being marble-colored. are you sure you saw metal pins under the holes on each side?

9. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

Id love to see pics. you may have handed back an authentic pair..

10. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

that's what i was thinking too. op, if you can upload some pics, that would be great.