• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Think I Got Ripped Off!

I have had bad luck with meeting folks lately too met one guy checked out his hijink and gas cans first glance knew they where fake and he got pissed and called me a lier said he bought them at a Oakley dealer in d.c. But couldn't remember the name. Right.

I have had bad luck with meeting folks lately too met one guy checked out his hijink and gas cans first glance knew they where fake and he got pissed and called me a lier said he bought them at a Oakley dealer in d.c. But couldn't remember the name. Right.

never met anyone in person to buy a pair of oaks, but if i do, i wouldnt say theyre fakes cause theyre just gonna say theyre not. I would just say thank you, im not interested lol

Here are the pics. I didn't get to take that many since I called the seller to get my money back.

Gascan S :: IMG_20120710_130715.jpg picture by MaukaRunner - Photobucket

Gascan S :: IMG_20120710_130807.jpg picture by MaukaRunner - Photobucket

Gascan S :: IMG_20120710_130815.jpg picture by MaukaRunner - Photobucket

Gascan S :: IMG_20120710_130821.jpg picture by MaukaRunner - Photobucket

Maybe I gave back a genuine pair but somehow it just didn't feel right. Right after I bought it, I cleaned it up with the Oakley lens cleaner and tried to drive back with it. The lenses just didn't seem right. The SKU says it was supposed to have a polarized lens but that wasn't the case. It was a really dark grey but when I drove with it didn't look like the regular grey which Oakley uses. He was nice enough to give me my money back and I'm happy with my decision to return it. I never saw a Gascan S before, in person, and didn't see a pin in the hole but the hinges were loose and I gave it a lot of force to remove the arms like in the youtube videos and it wouldn't budge so it was an assumption that there were pins. Thanks everyone for responding.

That was a good price at $50 since the gascan s has been discontinued and the shadow camo frame don't come by a lot.

I have 7 pairs of Gascan s and the shadow camo version. There are no pins.

Actually, I guess I was wrong. I thought I saw pins but there were a hole on the bottom of the frame which lined up with the pivot point of where the hinge rotated. That's what made me suspicious. My cell phone pic sucks. Can you take a pic of the bottoms of your S's? On my second pic, which isn't that good you can see the hole in line with the arm. Does yours have those?

I'm sure the seller still wants $50 for them. I can point him your way if you want. PM your contact info and I can give it to him or if you want I can give you his cell number.

Not really into square frames. I only have a gascan and sold off my fuel cells. Thanks for the offer though.

Back