• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I think I've crossed over to the dark side....

The fit of Juliet is fine, it's just lens coverage as you said. With a head as big as mine, the polished Juliet looks tiny. But it's weird the carbon Juliet and any X Metal XX look like they fit very well. However the X-Squared is perfect!
Have you been able to try on a pair of the XX? I'd say the width of the lenses is about the same size with the Juliet. It's the height of the lenses that's considerably bigger on the XX. So if it's the width that's not wide enough for you the XX still might not be enough.

You need the ROMEO 1 to own a X Metal collection--- :)
While the Romeo 1 is nice and quite iconic it's also flawed due to its lack of flex capability. Hence the common problem of stress fractures on lenses.

I'd much rather have the others before the Romeo. Minus the Half-X. I don't think I'll ever want to pick one of those up.

Have you been able to try on a pair of the XX? I'd say the width of the lenses is about the same size with the Juliet. It's the height of the lenses that's considerably bigger on the XX. So if it's the width that's not wide enough for you the XX still might not be enough.

Never, every one who's had them would never let me get the idea of even trying them lol
I do agree with you about the Romeo, although I like them, as well as older X-Metals like Mars, I heard that they often breakdown due to age. I do hope to own the Romeo and Mars Crater one day though

While the Romeo 1 is nice and quite iconic it's also flawed due to its lack of flex capability. Hence the common problem of stress fractures on lenses.

I'd much rather have the others before the Romeo. Minus the Half-X. I don't think I'll ever want to pick one of those up.

You're right about it, but anyway, due to it's age, the Romeo 1 is more a collection item than an everyday wearable shades, thus less prone to these fractures. I have wore mine maybe just three or four times.

Never, every one who's had them would never let me get the idea of even trying them lol
I do agree with you about the Romeo, although I like them, as well as older X-Metals like Mars, I heard that they often breakdown due to age. I do hope to own the Romeo and Mars Crater one day though
I've actually offered Vault or O Store employees to try on the stuff I wear into the store as I trust them with handling but they usually refuse because they're paranoid that they'd ruin them even though they're more than qualified to in my mind. :D

You're right about it, but anyway, due to it's age, the Romeo 1 is more a collection item than an everyday wearable shades, thus less prone to these fractures. I have wore mine maybe just three or four times.
That's the man reason why I haven't bought a Romeo yet. Wearing the frames I buy is one of my top priorities. :D

Half X never gets any love, I think that might be next to be discontinued. And yes brip that's why I'm treating my XS childlike, I want my futuristic glasses to be able for me to have them for the long run

I think I'd jump on mars before Romeo though, especially if it were a crater

Don't worry, those X-Squared are built to last. I really like they way they have dumped that rivet design from the other X-Metal's and placed screws in there. You know they'll last and last.

I want to grab the polished carbon and put some ice lenses in there!

Back