1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I have not seen them go on EBay for this much, although he is saying "or best offer". What got my attention was that he indicates they are illegal to have?

3. Razerwire

Yeah I didn't expect a case to be that much. I was hoping to find a case for much lower than that but I'm just not that lucky. :(

It was weird that he mentioned that his was legally owned. I mean, if that were the case, wouldn't Oakley make better effort to reclaim their cases if a store were to close?

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

That's a too much for a single tower and I doubt if he gets someone to pay that price.

Back in the day Oakley owned all the display items and required dealers to return them when they went out of business or stopped being authorized dealers. It didn't take long for Oakley to realized that paying to return all those items was a waste of money, not to mention storing all that returned stuff. Now I believe they just let the dealer sell the cases just like any other store display item. I could be wrong, but I believe thats how it use to work.

5. Razerwire

What would you guys say would be a fair offer for something like that? I'm a noob when it comes to display cases.

6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

1k for the secound generation single tower is a pretty good deal for the SELLER but it´s to much to buy them!
    for 1k you would get one from the latest towers!

a fair offer for that - hmmm . . . this guy have no pay pal or ebay fees! maybe less than $600!

7. tmsnewberry

tmsnewberry Oakley Enthusiast

I'm glad where I live there isn't much demand for towers so when they come up for sale I get a good deal. I only paid 225 for my single and between 400 and 500 each for my three doubles

8. Oakleynerd

@tmsnewberry
    your towers are cheap!! i will get some for this priced as well. . .

9. Razerwire

:(

I think I'll just resort to putting my collection in my nightstand drawer. LOL

10. Oakleynerd

come on . . .
    think positive.
    for 1k you can get almost the c-six or a few other pairs!