• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I wonder what X-Metal model I will like best?

What was wrong with the orbital?
It must have been cracked at the screw and when it was tuned up it really exposed it (the little arms were bent pretty bad)
image.jpg

or just send it to someone who would un-tune your bridge. I'd be happy to take them out for you for free and if you don't like the fit, I'll put the couplers back in also for free. It'd only cost you round-trip CONUS postage + optional insurance to send it to my parcel forwarder (i bought a lot of stuff recently so you can hitch a ride with the giant parcel).

the only reason why I said it fits like an R1 is because I actually tried it. I typical wear R1 or XS for the coverage and had a penny that flopped like hell. So I thought I'll try it on... and voila it fits even without activating spring hinges! As soon as I retuned it, I can't get the darn thing anywhere near my nose.
Wow! Thanks for the offer man! If I start feeling adventurous I may take you up on it sometime! I think my issue with the Penny is that it just doesn't fit my face well. The frame is just a bit too small and definitely doesn't give me the best coverage. R1 gives me amazing coverage! Trying to get into the XS as well but I'm not sure it suits the shape of my face. Love that XS frame though!

Wow! Thanks for the offer man! If I start feeling adventurous I may take you up on it sometime! I think my issue with the Penny is that it just doesn't fit my face well. The frame is just a bit too small and definitely doesn't give me the best coverage. R1 gives me amazing coverage! Trying to get into the XS as well but I'm not sure it suits the shape of my face. Love that XS frame though!

I love my XS but sometimes I really wish they didn't make the bottom orbitals so darn flat. They should have curved it slightly like the upper orbitals to maximise coverage without compromising the style. Badmans did it right with the orbital styling... which is probably the only thing I loved out of them

/rant

Well guys, I finally got a Penny and a Juliet (had an XS) and I can't make up my mind which ones I like better! I spent about an hour in front of the mirror today trying to figure out what pair looks best on me. Since I can't make up my mind, I'm going to take a few selfies and ask you guys what do you think fits better on me. They are very similar...the edges of the Juliet are a bit distracting, but nothing I can't get used to. The frames are super tight, but still like the spring hinges. Can the X-Man make the spring hinges stronger? Pics to come!! :)

P.jpg
J.jpg

Don't care if I get flamed or called fugly...for my fugly face, does the Penny or Juliet look better?? I really can't decide, I got mixed opinions from everyone. Those who know me best ALL said these fit me much better than the large XS that I have. Some said the Penny was too small, others said it was just right. It's like the Three Little Bears!!! This one is too small, this one is to large, and this one is juuuuuust right!! More people told me the Juliet fits me the best. I got two Juliets and both are VERY tight. The Penny I got is not as tight....I was expecting it to be tighter because of the spring hinges, but it's not. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color of the first gen red lens on the Penny. Wish I could get that color on the Juliet. So...I'm all ears. Am I a Juliet guy, or a Penny man?

Both look great! I think the slightly larger Juliet fits you better because it gives more coverage, but the Penny doesn't look bad at all! You can get a similar looking lens in the Juliet with some custom cut lenses!

View attachment 183764 View attachment 183765

Don't care if I get flamed or called fugly...for my fugly face, does the Penny or Juliet look better?? I really can't decide, I got mixed opinions from everyone. Those who know me best ALL said these fit me much better than the large XS that I have. Some said the Penny was too small, others said it was just right. It's like the Three Little Bears!!! This one is too small, this one is to large, and this one is juuuuuust right!! More people told me the Juliet fits me the best. I got two Juliets and both are VERY tight. The Penny I got is not as tight....I was expecting it to be tighter because of the spring hinges, but it's not. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color of the first gen red lens on the Penny. Wish I could get that color on the Juliet. So...I'm all ears. Am I a Juliet guy, or a Penny man?
GF says Juliet. Now put a shirt on she says. :rofl:

Latest Posts

Back