• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Would Just Like To Say Oakley Is Bogus There Junk Breaks And Your Out Money I Have

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my BMW breaks down 7 years from now and they replace it, then i will agree with the thread starter's comments.

Definitely a troll, they haven't shown back up. Plus why take someone seriously when they don't know how to type very basic English? I don't think they ever heard of punctuation like a period or comma....

Definitely a troll, they haven't shown back up. Plus why take someone seriously when they don't know how to type very basic English? I don't think they ever heard of punctuation like a period or comma....

we got members here from other countries who do not speak english as their first language. Sometimes i dont even type whole words or anything (but thats just cause im lazy) but yea who cares. obviously he is wrong... :)

I felt the same frustration as the original poster after my New Frogskin & polarized Straight Jacket hinges cracked from normal gentle use not long after original new purchase. I have a wide head, so the frame material couldn't handle the stress of normal wear or from wearing on top of my head when indoors or at night. When not in use, I had them in a hard Oakley case. I felt like they focus so much on fancy design and fancy names and not enough on doing the right thing for their customers. I paid for replacement stems, and they still broke, as well as the main frame. You'd hope they'd make these expensive things so they don't break right after the warranty period ends.

Recently, I read the frame material used in the past was brittle and commonly broke and that they changed the material to a combination of polycarbonate and nylon which are supposed to be more bendy. This made me give them another chance after I swore to never buy their expensive brittle crap again. I have a Bolle polarized that has nylon frames and it seems very resilient.

One lesson I learned was, make sure to try on a bunch of models because it's NOT one size fits all and a lot of the models are for narrow heads, not wide heads.

One thing I'm thinking is if I can find my old broken Oakleys, I'd like to somehow get the frames replaced with some modern day o-matter material of the identical design, except Straight Jacket stems to fit a wider head. I've seen some videos of 3D printers that can make plastic parts on demand, and read some can use polycarbonate. Has anyone here ever thought of using a 3D printer to make replacement parts? I'd guess some architects or engineers would have access to good 3D printers at work. Anyone try?

I would say that most of their styles are for larger heads...I have Straight Jackets that are 5 years old but have a smaller face I'd try the Pit Bull ,Fast Jacket ,Batwolf, ...even the Antix and Hijinx maybe.
I do agree they do not always state clearly what fit something is....I was told Pit Bull were SAME size as Monster Dogs...they went back the day I got them.Also they are not made to be worn on top of the head.

Ya, i think this threadhas run its course. The guy posted once, opinions noted :)

I bought 6 pairs within a month...I tried all the top brands and only like the Oakleys...Does it have anything to do with my 1st razor blades I bought as a kid? No idea but love the sport glasses! Even picked up some wires because I didn't have any!...My gf thinks I have a new addiction lol!!

Ya, i think this threadhas run its course. The guy posted once, opinions noted :)

Agreed.
But what a bizarre use of his single post.
I bet he's kicking himself. He could have used it in the Free Fuel Cells thread like everyone else.

:biggrin:

I don't know why bother answering to this thread, a guy who wanted some attention... hahahahaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back