• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice Crater - OEM?

Pretty sure those nose bombs aren't oem

Why?

:( I hope that is not true - if so they really are just an overpriced Crater since blue socks and shocks are relatively common.

Last edited:
I'd also like to know the reason for doubt. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here and I can tell for sure.

How would you tell they are not legit?
The weight?
The texture?
Maybe give them the good old fashioned float test!

The only thing that looks off to me is the size?
The ones in the pic look more oblong/egg-shpared and not as round as OEM.
I had asked the Seller about the rubbers a couple of days ago and they told me I should not bid on them if I questioned their authenticity, and I did, so I didn't.

I can't tell if the font is off on the rubbers or not. It looks close but I've seen 3rd party like that before somewhere. :behindsofa:

I've had a few juliets with aftermarket rubber and it always feels off. Even line gear has a different feel to it. I did notice the shape of the nose bomb but honestly it looks just like my red ones from that angle and those are legit for sure.

I didn't notice anything off about the font. We shall see.

Bottom line is if it's lot legit, I can weigh how bad I want a boxed crater and go from there.

I wish oakley had an upkept database with all this info.

QTrain is right, colored nose bombs for Mars are a bit of a rarity. Not so much with the red ones since the Mars Ruby came with those but blue would be interesting to see.
My blue wears Ichiro socks and shox but the nose bombs are aftermarket- and from QTrain.
So if the cuffs match the collar and they are OEM Ichiro color that would be interesting.

Last edited:
I don't really see what the big deal is - if they're OEM, great. If not and OEM is a must-have, just track down a pair of OEM black and stick them on - that's likely what they came with anyway, if the blues are aftermarket.

Latest Posts

Back