• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice iridium - is there a difference?

DylFin

Oakley Expert
Hi all, I know this topic has been discussed before, but I received a pair of plasma/ice iridium (top ones) and the colour looks completely different to a pair of 1st gen plasma/ice below -
image.jpeg

They both have a base grey layer, but the lighter ice is slightly darker as seen below (raining in the UK!) -
image.jpeg

Interested to hear your thoughts...

The different generations had different hues in the iridium. Also some confuse blue iridium with ice

Sent from my X Metal iPhone

That top pair ice lens doesn't look right to me. Ice was never that vibrant. I'd suggest you remove the lenses to check if they're original oakley lenses. Take close up photos of both lenses if you need help

That top pair ice lens doesn't look right to me. Ice was never that vibrant. I'd suggest you remove the lenses to check if they're original oakley lenses. Take close up photos of both lenses if you need help
i agree, also the curvature is hard to distinguish here which is also telltale sign of aftermarket lenses.

Hmmm, okay I've removed the lenses. The lighter one's are definitely thicker and there is less of a curve, they have also got more of a machined cut edge as opposed to the darker ice, which are rounded. Images below...
image.jpeg

Definitely a big difference in width...
image.jpeg

Thanks for your help!
What a shame, as I really thought I had a rare ice lens shade! :(
There's a genuine light vibrant shade like that by Oakley called Sapphire. You'll need to have a pro to cut it to size to fit your juliet