• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

JoshAD330

Oakley Enthusiast
Don’t be fooled – Oakley Ice Iridium and Blue Iridium are VERY different lenses. We’ll break down the differences so you can buy the right one.

This is one of the most commonly mixed-up pair of lenses Oakley offers. While on the surface you might think people are just calling them different names. It is true that Ice iridium and Blue Iridium from Oakley are indeed two distinct lenses. And the truth is – They are very different. We’ll go over each lens, and the differences here so you can buy the right one.

Oakley Ice Iridium Overview

Oakley Ice Iridium is definitely the more common of the two lenses. If you’re looking at pairs sold in the mid-late 2000s, chances are these are the lenses in them. When you think of Blue, and we mean primary blue, you’re thinking of Ice Iridium.

This lens has a Grey base tint designed for bright light conditions allowing...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what you want to see when you look out of your lens. Ice is a much darker color and has 9 percent light transmission, Deep Blue has purple tones in it but has 15 percent light transmission. That's quite a difference.

Here's an image someone posted of the two side by side. You can see that the Blue Iridium is much lighter than the ice.

If I were buying the two I'd go with the Blue Iridium. Ice is kind of dark when not in direct sunlight and can look almost black.

m-lenses.jpg

It depends on what you want to see when you look out of your lens. Ice is a much darker color and has 9 percent light transmission, Deep Blue has purple tones in it but has 15 percent light transmission. That's quite a difference
Yeah plus I also want the lenses to match the violet icons and stem sleeves of the frame. Wondering what lenses will match these better: Ice or blue iridium. It is a pity Oakley does not offer violet iridium as replacement lenses for Radar Path

Yeah plus I also want the lenses to match the violet icons and stem sleeves of the frame. Wondering what lenses will match these better: Ice or blue iridium. It is a pity Oakley does not offer violet iridium as replacement lenses for Radar Path
Blue Iridium would match more because it has hints of violet in it. Ice does not.

here's the image again. I was having trouble uploading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's the image again. I was having trouble uploading it.
thank you Dave that picture comparing both really helps because you see both lenses next to each other. so yeah it seems blue iridium will be a better match and it is offered by Oakley as replacement lenses. The Radars were my first Oakley frames ever and are very close to my heart so I will be very happy when I get my hands on the Infinite Hero ones. Thanks again Dave. :)

Back