1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. JoshAD330

JoshAD330 Oakley Enthusiast

Ok guys this is my dilemma. I really want to get me a pair of Infinite Hero Radars. They have been on my wish list for a while. Unfortunately, they dont come with violet iridium lenses. And Oakley does not sell violet Iridium replacement lenses either. Accordingly, I am trying to decide what lenses would be the second best choice to replace the Black Iridium lenses this frame comes with: Ice Iridium or Blue Iridium? Looking at pics it seems to me that the Blue Iridium lenses would be a better choice than ice iridium but I am not sure. What do you guys think? I am sure we have Forum members who bought the Infinite Hero Radars and switch the lenses. So whats the best choice: Ice Iridium or Blue Iridium? Thanks for your input. :)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

It depends on what you want to see when you look out of your lens. Ice is a much darker color and has 9 percent light transmission, Deep Blue has purple tones in it but has 15 percent light transmission. That's quite a difference.

Here's an image someone posted of the two side by side. You can see that the Blue Iridium is much lighter than the ice.

If I were buying the two I'd go with the Blue Iridium. Ice is kind of dark when not in direct sunlight and can look almost black.

Ice Iridium vs Blue Iridium lenses - m-lenses.46345%2F&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F8%2F7100%2F7305734476_35977e7765_b.jpg

Last edited: 6/23/15
    JoshAD330 likes this.
  3. JoshAD330

Yeah plus I also want the lenses to match the violet icons and stem sleeves of the frame. Wondering what lenses will match these better: Ice or blue iridium. It is a pity Oakley does not offer violet iridium as replacement lenses for Radar Path

4. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Blue Iridium would match more because it has hints of violet in it. Ice does not.

Lexkempo likes this.
  5. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

here's the image again. I was having trouble uploading it.

Ice Iridium vs Blue Iridium lenses - m-lenses.46345%2F&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F8%2F7100%2F7305734476_35977e7765_b.jpg

JoshAD330 likes this.
  6. JoshAD330

thank you Dave that picture comparing both really helps because you see both lenses next to each other. so yeah it seems blue iridium will be a better match and it is offered by Oakley as replacement lenses. The Radars were my first Oakley frames ever and are very close to my heart so I will be very happy when I get my hands on the Infinite Hero ones. Thanks again Dave. :)

7. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Ice Iridium vs Blue Iridium lenses - uploadfromtaptalk1435587152433.jpg Ice Iridium vs Blue Iridium lenses - uploadfromtaptalk1435587163830.jpg I made my own for radarlock with G30 polarized lens. I'm not a big fan of violet iridium lens, it's such a harsh lens color, make everything look yellowish. G30 polarized is a great lens !!!

flyer and JoshAD330 like this.
  8. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

BMX has one Ice Iridium vs Blue Iridium lenses - uploadfromtaptalk1435588835734.png

JoshAD330 likes this.
  9. DrGnBld

DrGnBld Oakley Beginner

What is that middle pair of frames? I like those a lot

10. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

IH split jacket