• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice Iridium

Hamming Tools

Oakley Beginner
Missouri
What happened to the Ice Iridium lenses? Why aren't they offered in colorways very much anymore? I had some silver Flak Jacket XLJ's with Ice lenses and they were great.

I have a number of theories behind the killing off of Ice...and every other colorful lens most of which center around the theory that vanilla darker colors move more volume and (theoretically) that the colored lenses cost more to manufacture (well and as a recent younger person recently mentioned to me, colored lenses are "out of style") I agree with Batwork though that they pop up primarily in custom although of the major "colorfuls" (Ice, Emerald, Fire, Ruby, 24K) I think Ice pops up the most in stock configurations.

This totally leaves out the subject of Ice Pol and Fire Pol being done in completely. What started with the frames in 2008 has now made its way through the lenses now.

It seems like Jade and Violet have become more popular with the prebuilt frames.

Agreed. I'm actually surprised Violet made it to market considering a) its bright and b) its gotten A LOT of backlash among people I know. I've grown to love it but I've also been called outright gay for wearing it so go figure.

Well if you look at a lot of the newer frames, they're bolder, so bright colors would suit them right?

positively love jade though, I wish they'd release jade iridium for Holbrooks

Back