1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rahul

Rahul Oakley Beginner

Hi guys,

Basically i wanted to ask a couple of things .
    Firstly , i was wondering what should would be an ideal choice from the Ice and the Violet Iridiums or your opinions on what would be a better/preferable choice between the two

The 2 i shortlisted were the Infinite Hero Fuel Cell (Violet Iridium)
    Ice Or Violet Iridium ? - 4de67c2f2c4e0.jpg

or the Garage Rock with Ice Iridium (9175-17)

Also , Is there any Other Sunglasses you all could suggest to go for besides the above 2 mentioned ? (Ice/Violet Iridiums only , besides the Holbrook and Radarlock Path as i already have them).

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. samirb

samirb Oakley Beginner

I love both lenses, but i would choose thr IH FC between those choices.

3. Oakleholic

Oakleholic Oakley Beginner

Any chance to rock the ice lens is a good gamble. They're in my top 2-3 lens shades.

4. starscream

starscream Oakley Beginner

between your choices? FC IH... as for the lens i like the neutral based lenses... so ice for me... violets are for contrast...

5. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Any iridium lens is worth having in the arsenal. I am not a big fan of the GR's, but I would make an effort to get both Violet and Ice pairs. I have the IH Fuel Cell and I really like it.

6. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Violets really are a heavy contrast lens... I get headaches after wearing them.

7. Oaks

Oaks Oakley Beginner

Violet because of the greenish tint and the high contrast. I dont like grey tints.

8. Rahul

Rahul Oakley Beginner

Cheers for the help guys. i did see the 9175-17 (not the IH FC) . It does look pretty sweet i'll tell you . I'll probably see the IH FC if it's displayed somewhere before deciding between one of those.

i was wondering if there's any other Sunglasses you guys would recommend in Ice or Violet iridium's ?

9. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Violet looks way better from the outside, in my opinion. It's got both purple and blue elements, and just pops. Ice is blue, but rather plain looking. Looking out from the inside, Ice has a normal grey tint. Violet on the other hand looks different colors. If you look through the center, there is a bronze tint, but if you look out of the top half or extremities of the lens, it's more bluish. Actually, this can be quite distracting...but they look so good from the outside, that I always go for Violet.

Ice is available in almost every frame available. Violet is a bit harder to come by, but is still readily available. Just go browse the Oakley catalog and see what appeals to you.

10. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

+1

that's something to think about if your eyes can handle the high contrast.