• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ichiro 3rd Release TLC

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I found a pair of Ichiros on Fleabay, $299 opening $399 BIN. The listing had been active 12 minutes and the seller stated MINT so I figured what the heck since it was with box & coin.
Well the frames were OK but as a whole the glasses were far from mint. I kinda expected that really and wasn't too worried since I had a set of non-etched lenses and rubbers stocked up. I replaced the right lens that was way f'd up and replaced the rubbers since they were hardened and blackened.
After a little TLC I'm wearing them today and am pretty pleased with what I wound up with:

7544340708_1612a7e1dc.jpg

7544340268_dc693be828.jpg

Very cool, I hope you left appropriate feedback for the dishonest seller....

You know I was going to give him an opportunity to try to make it more right but he really does deserve bad feedback in this case and I have never left that for anybody.
I always have reviewed descriptions after the fact and compared the item to the hype. If there was an area where I should have been more attentive or if I should have asked a question instead of assuming then I've always given the seller the benefit of the doubt.
However in this case somebody got a lot of use out of these and they definately did not live up to the description for 261060601734
Tell me what you think- if these needed a whole lens replaced due to 3 deep and long gouges and all rubber was all shot, were they "near mint"?

I feel your pain. I've received two pair from ebay in the last week. The one today were "mint" polished G30. With ice lenses, but a JG serial. Loose as hell. Lenses have scratches. I sent the seller a message about it. But since I only paid $189 I don't want to send them back.

I feel your pain. I've received two pair from ebay in the last week. The one today were "mint" polished G30. With ice lenses, but a JG serial. Loose as hell. Lenses have scratches. I sent the seller a message about it. But since I only paid $189 I don't want to send them back.

Are you saying that you paid $189 for a pair of shot frames and lenses but you'll live with it? Add the cost of a tune-up and fresh lenses and you're at the price that LNIB is at.

Man, that makes it sound bad. My thinking is that if I can find some G30 lenses and get a tune up, I'll have a pair of serialized G30/polished for less than I've seen them going for.

I wasn't dogging you, if you are playing buy, sit on and hope I think that we all play that game to some extent.
But you are at $189 + $69 = $258 before shipping both ways and lenses. About $70 for lenses = $328
I hope you got the box! :biggrin:

I PM'd you 2 links to ones offered on retail web sites!

Back