• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ichiro First Release?

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I found this pair of polished with OO blue on ebay for $265 with hard case. No serial but what turned out to be great Ichiro zero scratch lenses and tight. I figured that even if the frame is incorrect, a polished juliet with 100% lenses - added bonus Ichiro + added bonus OO blue - and hard case is worth $265 so I used BIN.

So call these a "tribute" pair or were any first release shipped without serials? The polished frame seems different from my recent manufacture polished/fire pair which always seemed a little plastic-y to me. Opinions welcome!

6975454250_6b1ab6ccfe.jpg

7121536433_bbaaeed3b4.jpg

7121539227_235eb3c13b.jpg

Seller stated ship only to US (which was good for me 'cause I live there) and shipped from Puerto Rico. :wink:

of the 6 ichiro juliets, all original production pairs had left arm serial numbers except the polished-emerald slate. i imagine the one pictured in this thread is a custom issue.

Yep, definitely not the Polished Ichiro frame without that serial number. Regardless tho, you got a great buy in my opinion. Keep in mind you got the original laser etched signature Ichiro lenses, which alone would sell quite easily if needed, so I'd be very happy with that!

They are probably the Ichiro lens put into a "standard" Polished Frame....which still look awesome. I would have probably picked them up if I saw them

They are probably the Ichiro lens put into a "standard" Polished Frame....which still look awesome. I would have probably picked them up if I saw them

Who knows what BIN deals we miss that get snapped up and are gone without note?

Who knows what BIN deals we miss that get snapped up and are gone without note?

You aren't kidding! I prefer not to know....it would just chap my hide! There are a few pair that I always search for and the EBay alerts....just don't work for me. They don't let me know in time.

Custom then opens things up a little bit. I had some LineGear knick-knacks lying about for the right occasion. Do you agree that this is the right occasion?

6976892876_ba325eaca2.jpg