1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. pupusasrock

pupusasrock Oakley Enthusiast

I have some icons that I need to put on a pair of glasses. Having never done that before I was wondering the best glue to use, and any other tips from those who have done it before. Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Double sided tape.

3. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

Not sure about the other methods but I would have to say they a small dot of clear silicone works well. Do not use too much or it will push out on the sides. Easy cleanup while it's still wet with water. Apply it with the end of a Qtip or a toothpick. If you ever want to replace them it peels off from the plastic, uh I mean O matter pretty well.

4. Odoghoops

Odoghoops Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the info^^

5. OakleyFreak

OakleyFreak RIP RoTors

Depending on the frame
    Its easier to apply said silicone on the Ear Stem rather then the Icon.

YMMV

6. BlackClu

BlackClu Oakley Beginner

The silicone is a good idea. The originals hare held on with a psa (pressure sensitive adhesive). The closest thing is some form of double sided tape. You can cut it to fit the icon and then it cant come out the sides.

7. Ch3no2

Ch3no2 Oakley Beginner

I have had good luck with a Gold Leaf glue. It never really sets up hard, so you can heat the icon area with hot water and pry off gently if needed later. I use a toothpick with a tiny amount and just place a tiny amount, let it set for a half hour or less and then set the icon. I have done this a lot of times and have never had a problem.