• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Idea for Oakley Website

Seed65

Oakley Beginner
It is tough buying Oakley's or any other glasses online since you really don't know how you look wearing them. I was thinking about this issue and wondered why Oakley could not provide a method of showing their frames/lenses on picture of yourself on their website, similar to how Zenni Optical does it on their website. You upload a pic of yourself, then you could overlay an Oakley frame on top of your pic, simulating you wearing their frames. It sure would help satisfy everyone curiosity about what frames look the best.

Why do you all think?

They would need to scale the frame to fit your face depending on the camera, zoom, etc. Then you get a pair looking good, buy them, and find out they don't fit at all because the images weren't scaled correctly.

Good in theory, difficult in execution.

I was at a retail trade show a few years ago; this one company had a product that let you virtually "try on" clothing - you stand in front of a camera and it would show your image real-time on a big screen, "wearing" the clothing you'd selected. Haven't seen it implemented anywhere, though.

I think Zenni does a decent job of doing it on their website. But perhaps Oakley would not want the technology? They may want you to come to the retailer to try on their frames so they can try for additional business...accessories...etc.

Latest Posts

Back