• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Idea for Oakley Website

Anyone hear about the new thing that SGH is doing? They send you what you want, with a return box, and you try what you want (up to 5 pairs) out for a week or so, then send back what you don't want.

Anyone hear about the new thing that SGH is doing? They send you what you want, with a return box, and you try what you want (up to 5 pairs) out for a week or so, then send back what you don't want.

And, of course, if you don't return them, your account gets billed?

Sounds like a "system" I've run into before; they bank on people getting too busy to return things in time then end up buying stuff they don't really want.

Yeah I saw a couple flaws in the system, great marketing though. (kinda like the evil that is "mail in rebate") I'd assume people would have the sense not to throw away several hundred dollars though. I'd understand it for a $5 off a shoe insole

And, of course, if you don't return them, your account gets billed?

Sounds like a "system" I've run into before; they bank on people getting too busy to return things in time then end up buying stuff they don't really want.

I think I remember a little "record house" from columbia that did that...
My mom was pissed!!

I think Zenni does a decent job of doing it on their website. But perhaps Oakley would not want the technology? They may want you to come to the retailer to try on their frames so they can try for additional business...accessories...etc.
& if you don't have a local retailer, you're stuffed.
Not many stores in the UK stock a decent range of Oakleys. Even Oakley's own UK store in London seems to have a very limited stock of lenses. I'm one of the relatively few who work in London.

I saw on another thread that Oakley are recruiting web staff so this may be part of an effort to improve things.

& if you don't have a local retailer, you're stuffed.
Not many stores in the UK stock a decent range of Oakleys. Even Oakley's own UK store in London seems to have a very limited stock of lenses. I'm one of the relatively few who work in London.

I saw on another thread that Oakley are recruiting web staff so this may be part of an effort to improve things.
Go upstairs to the custom bar and ask, they may well have a lens up there that isn't on display in a pair downstairs.

Latest Posts

Back