• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ideal Lens For A Computer Screen?

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
I know I much prefer wearing sunglasses on train commutes when I'm on a smartphone to help against eye fatigue and headaches, but at a computer it'd start to look silly because I'm not stepping into the sun in due time. I'm wondering if anyone here has been taking up the practice of using their Oakley's for this same purpose, and if so which lens?

I have been saying Oakley should make a computer anti fatigue lens like my Gunnar Optiks i use im sure there would be a market for it, the only lens i could think that would work would be a yellow lens...ive tried persimmon but its no good.

I actually used a clear to black transition fast jacket after my LASIK surgery. Being sensitive to light initially and trying to reduce strain watching TV and the use of my computer this was helpful. I still turned down the brightness and noticed without the glasses I would get eye fatigue much faster.

Sent from my iPhone via satellite from outer frickin' space!

Def yellow. Maybe even a g20, that blue tint can act as an AR coating and can prevent eye strain when on the computer

Yeah, noticed the Gunnar brand too, and the prominent use of yellow lenses.

I'll admit I'm not so knowledgeable to the way this decision could be made. Could G20 be more favorable as far as color perception goes?

Dont quote me on it but i would imagine. With its' rose/pink base of lens, i think it will be favorable for color perception. Granted that the g20 is a golf specific lens to pop out most greens and blues, i can imagine it being used for a computer screen.

none of the lenses i have tried compare to a pair of gunnars to combat eye fatigue, they take a little bit getting used to about a month or so but once i use them you definitely realize less eye fatigue... they also have a slight magnifacation to them. if ur interested in buying a pair but dont want to shell 100+ for a pair they have them on woot at the moment for 30-50 bucks.

Dont quote me on it but i would imagine. With its' rose/pink base of lens, i think it will be favorable for color perception. Granted that the g20 is a golf specific lens to pop out most greens and blues, i can imagine it being used for a computer screen.

G20 in not golf specific, it's G30 that your thinking of.

Back