1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Gecko

Gecko Oakley Collector Premium Member

Well i purchased this from a forum member in a deal that went south and the member poofed. So saddly to say im stuck with a 300 buck pile o crap im desiding what to do with. So figured id see if you all had any ideas. I was thinking of sending to xman but you will see the problem is the crack in the frame. Right at the ear steam part of the orbital.

To begin when i recieved these they were so badly tweaked i removed the orbital to see why... if you have ever had xmetals apart you probably can see how bent the inner part of the nose is in the pic. So i did my best to correct that. Then reassembled..and as some the crappy polish job flaked off i was left looking at this crack. So now im just debating what to do. They are wearable atm...sort of lol. Unless someone has a spare orbital laying around im not sure its worth trying to have xman refinish.
    Ideas For This Xx - asa7uhes.jpg
    Ideas For This Xx - e9ahyqaj.jpg
    Ideas For This Xx - uvyre7yn.jpg
    Ideas For This Xx - 9a5upe5a.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Start calling Oakley, then Oakley service in different countries looking for an XX orbital.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

What the hell happened to these? They're supposed to survive being run over by a tank aren't they?

4. Gecko

Wish i knew. Maybe thats why the guy polished them to hide it and sell them off to someone..... but yea im not sure how it happened.

5. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Oakley Enthusiast

How did you pop the rivet out and where is the crack?

6. Gecko

Special brass punch slowly and carefully so i could reuse. Crack is on the top right near where you screw in the arm. On the piece extending out. Not on the orbital itself.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I dunno man. At this point I'd just use/sell it for parts. You'd probably be able to sell the hammerstems to make back some of that loss.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

you can part it out... these are market values imo

hammerstems $100,
    nosepads (damned rare) $40+
    nosebridge $50
    spare orbital $50

or wait for a spare orbital- you never know?

9. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

I'd pay $75 for hammerstems. Not sure about $100.

I agree that parting it out would be easier.

10. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Oakley Enthusiast

Can you take a pic and mark the cracked area? Is it on the first pic? Still not sure where the crack is. If it's on the part which extends out (the part which the temple shocks go into), how bad is it cracked? All the way through?