• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ideas On Custom Lenses For Fatcat

headpatrolman

Smile you son of a bitch
New Jersey, USA
I have a pair of fatcats with trashed lenses. Does anyone have any suggestions as to lenses I could modify and use to replace them. I have the Matte Black and I was thinking of painting the stretch logo gold, since its peeling anyway and then fitting some gold iridium lenses into them. I was wondering if anyone knew if monster pup lenses would fit well or not. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks.

the fatcat cream frame came with gold iridium. that would look sick, try to track it down. as for the MP lenses, i dunno, you need to go check its measurements or just find a pair and see if its big enough to fit a fatcat lens in there.

Dimensions? Height & width? Can you upload a front picture without flash?

I had a pair of Monster Dog lenses cut to fit mine. They fitted BUT the shape of the lens is not correct. The Fatcat lenses was flat in the frame but the MD lens bulged. If you can live with that it should open options up otherwise pop a lens out & take it to a nearby store (if you have one) to find something with the correct curves.

Thanks, I was thinking monster pups. A litte smaller and flatter than the dogs plus they have gold iridium on the vault.com for $25. Also the mag 4 lenses look really close. Was just wondering if anyone had fiited a pair and had a lens they knew fit for sure. Thanks for the imput guys.

I would recommend sourcing the new lens from one of the flat / low base curve styles as being your best bet. Long ago, I cut down an xx xmetal 24k lens for my fatcat, and ended up with more troubles correctly fitting the lens due to the base curve differences.

Back