• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to Identify Oakley Asian Fit Frames?

I wanted to know in general, but I am trying to decipher this particular pair of HJ2 XL's I have. oo9155-02 62 "O" 15 133 With the "O" meaning the O is the Oakley symbol/Icon.

When I type them into Google as , using ZERO's instead of the letter O, they come up in a couple places, but say nothing about AF, but if I enter them as oo9155-02, then I get a few Japanese, or some Asian language site that purports them to be AF.

They are "Atomic Orange" framed w/ Fire Irid lenses ... was told the frame color was unique in some sort of way when I bought them on here, which is why I started my search, but cannot seem to find if that is a fact. All I can find is on O-Review that the HJ 2.0 XL AF's came in this colorway ... Just a 'lil disappointed.

That sku you listed does come up on Japanese Amazon as a Atomic Orange Half Jacket 2.0 XL.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC-OAKLEY-%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9-JACKET2-0-009155-02/dp/B00AZH0UZ8&prev=/search?q=009155-02&client=firefox-a&hs=IGK&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=rcs

If you are typing in the entire designation after the 009155-02, those are sizing specs that is a general industry practice regarding eyewear and will affect the results.

fd-fs-01-large.jpg

They are likely Asian fit based on the numbers you posted 62 o 15 133. A regular fit FJ 2.0 XL has a bridge of 17mm on most of the sites I see. http://www.oakley.com/asian-fit

Last edited:
That sku you listed does come up on Japanese Amazon as a Atomic Orange Half Jacket 2.0 XL.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC-OAKLEY-%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9-JACKET2-0-009155-02/dp/B00AZH0UZ8&prev=/search?q=009155-02&client=firefox-a&hs=IGK&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=rcs

If you are typing in the entire designation after the 009155-02, those are sizing specs that is a general industry practice regarding eyewear and will affect the results.

They are likely Asian fit based on the numbers you posted 62 o 15 133. A regular fit FJ 2.0 XL has a bridge of 17mm on most of the sites I see. http://www.oakley.com/asian-fit

Thank you for what you offered, Sir, ... you certainly went above & beyond.

I was aware of the "final" alpha/numerics, etc., being references to optical sizing & whatnot.

Only thing disappointing is I wish I was told they were AF's when I bought them, & the Seller advertised them as being "Rare", & it appears from their Profile, they would have known. Nonetheless, I still would have bought them because of the color ... I have a "thing" for orange ... so much so that I rarely wear these off my property, & are generally on one of my stands, ... all shined up. :)

Fortunately, they do fit me ... I do not have a pair of US Half Jack 2.0 XL's to compare, but it is what it is. Maybe I will buy a pair just to see, ... I think you can still *Custom* a pair on the DOTcom.

U can get something called blood orange in non Asian fit -hard from photoshopped pix on site to tell if it is that different from atomic orange. Did u get them recently? u may be able to return them if the listing did not say Asian fit. Just be ready to provide a site that shows them Asian fit for proof and take pic of label on box

No, ... I could/can tell enough from three different monitors, plus my phone, that I would absolutely HATE the "Blood" orange, & that it is waaay darker than this Atomic ... & that was further proved last week when I went to my O-Store for the first time & there happened to be something there in Blood, & I was right. I would have vomited if I had ever ordered them ... so disappointed ... reminded me of a "red" color in our old Crayola 64 boxes.

I bought these HJ 2 XL's here on the Forum ... they were advertised as *Rare*, but not "AF", & with the huge collection this person clearly has, & is selling off, he should have known that these HJ's where AF. I am not mad, .... cuz, like I said, I still would have bought them just to put them on the stand cuz they are damn near a 10/10 all-around, it is just when I did some investigating recently - I was bored - is when I discovered they might not be US.

Oakley Custom does show Team Orange for the Half Jackets, though I am not sure if that is the shade of Orange you are looking for either. Though got to admit, that Atomic Orange definitely stands out.

Oakley Custom does show Team Orange for the Half Jackets, though I am not sure if that is the shade of Orange you are looking for either. Though got to admit, that Atomic Orange definitely stands out.

The "Team Orange" is actually somewhat darker than this Atomic, but definitely, to me, waaay more attractive to me than the "Blood Orange" in any situation ... Furthermore, when it comes to your comment of me "looking for something", I am not looking for anything further, as far as more glasses, etc., I just wanted to know if there was simply an "AF" or something of the like somewhere in the SKU's that denoted Asian Oakley's. ... & I ended up learning a Hell of a LOT more than I expected, & I thank everyone who posted here, & those who PMd me just the same.

Last edited:
Being very color blind definitely limits my input orange and tan r the same for me

I somewhat, semi-know what that is like. My best friend of nearly twenty-five years is color-blind, too ... I have helped him pretty much his entire life when he goes shopping for clothes, etc., ... even nearly two years ago when he got married & I had to help him pick the right shade of brown for our wedding party suits. Now his lovely wife takes care of him 96% of the time, but sometimes I help him with colors when it comes to the race cars & what colorway we are going to go with them. He races IMCA Mods & DIRT Sportsman & Mods ... & on occasion, in the Local NorthEast Late Model Series.

He is just glad his ears do not ring & not half-deaf, like me ... from decades of being an audiophile ... both in the home, & in my vehicles.

Well i work with deaf and hard of hearing so i am semi prepared. If people knew how much loud concerts damage one -sometimes for life -they would think twice. Yeah wife helps me pick clothes its pathetic... At least i match that way. To me red ,orange brown and green r about the same

Back