• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Idiot Shipping Practices

Ryan_C

Oakley Expert
IN
Ok, so before I say anything, I just returned from outside to pick up my mail.

Why does every half intelligent person think they can fit a larger box into a smaller (smallest priority box that USPS offers) box and think its totally cool? If it doesn't fit with wiggle room for padding, it just doesn't fit!

I learned this process back when I was 2 or 3 with the vintage red/blue Tupperware Shape O Ball (yes, I just looked that up for its name). If it doesn't fit the first time, it's not going to fit any other time, so try another one. But wait, that would be more expensive to ship.

So now I have another pair of Oakleys, like new, with busted up box, to add to my collection. Am I making that much of a deal? YES I am, because I paid the money I did because there was a box included. I think this is the 3rd or 4th one this half of the year. So next time anybody even thinks about stuffing a nice pair of vintage Juliet's in their original box into the Priority $5.35 box, think not and just find a slightly larger free box at home.

/end rant

Lets not forget the good ol padded mailing envelope where box is crushed completely...Yup had this happen many times...

I got a pair once, no bag, wrapped in brown paper, and jammed in a box just big enough that they'd fit. If they weren't xmetal they'd be broken.

Lets not forget the good ol padded mailing envelope where box is crushed completely...Yup had this happen many times...

This.

I always contact sellers now before shipping to let them know I'm a collector and to package the box as strongly as possible to prevent damage. Haven't had any problems since.

This.

I always contact sellers now before shipping to let them know I'm a collector and to package the box as strongly as possible to prevent damage. Haven't had any problems since.

Same here.... as for the original post I would ask the seller for a partial refund as you bought everything mint and not it isnt.

Same here.... as for the original post I would ask the seller for a partial refund as you bought everything mint and not it isnt.

I've tried that one. My first new frog pair had its box crushed by the aforementioned "lets cram it in a thinner box!" method. The seller didn't budge, saying the box wasn't perfect before shipping. I didn't care enough to call them out and I have another that's crisp now, all the way from Germany.

This is a common practice for sellers!!! And I have had it happen on 4 occasions. The last one got me real pi$$ed so they got it in feedback. Plus I videoed the unboxing and told the seller I will send it too any potential buyer that wants to see it. The seller never disputed my claim about it and laid low knowing they screwed up... Whats nice is the seller cant remove the feedback as it meets eBays TOS

This is a common practice for sellers!!! And I have had it happen on 4 occasions. The last one got me real pi$$ed so they got it in feedback. Plus I videoed the unboxing and told the seller I will send it too any potential buyer that wants to see it. The seller never disputed my claim about it and laid low knowing they screwed up... Whats nice is the seller cant remove the feedback as it meets eBays TOS

hey, i still remember that XS you got in a fiber one box! the guy that sent it to you was really messed up! LOL

http://www.oakleyforum.com/recent-x-metal-purchases/1372-another-score-ruby-x-squared.html

that is how to ship x-metals! LOL

I will take all of everyone's suggestions. It's unbelievable how common practice all of this is. It's like it's the first package they had ever shipped or RECEIVED! Seriously, if they thought of selling something on eBay, then they had to have opened a package shipped to them and seen how to properly pack a box.

I did receive a padded envelope earlier this summer with a Juliet/in box, and I was going to go ballistic. I opened the envelope and to my surprise no damage at all! It was like the Postal Service took extra care not to damage it.

Maybe we should campaign for USPS to make those thin boxes 1/2" thicker!

Back