1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. David F

David F Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I want to get some fire iridium XLJ lens for my half-jackets. I can't seem to find them for much less than I paid for the shades new from Oakley. They were at the Vault for 44.99 and I just didn't jump on them fast enough and they slipped away. Now I want them. So my question is if I had to buy non-Oakley lenses, where should I go? Websites? People on this forum? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

why dont you try posting a WTB thread bro? and why go for aftermarket lenses? go for OEM!! im sure there are a lot of members who would be willing to help out!

3. David F

Already posted there. No hits yets but fingers crossed! OEM on ebay are 80... thats 15 more than I paid for the half jackets brand new.

4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

check the vault from time to time i guess... coz nothing compares with OEM lenses.

5. David F

Kool, will do. Thanks.

6. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

There are a few reputable guys on eBay selling authentic replacement lenses (normally parted out from new pairs). I've used "nicomacus" many times without incident. Kepp checking the Vault web site too. The Fire lenses have come and gone at least three times already.

Also, FYI - the Ruby and Fire lenses on the Half Jacket are almost identical. I have a few pairs of Fire that actually have more red in them than Ruby, and I have a Ruby that is almost completely yellow! IMO Ruby are nicer to look through anyway, and you can buy them from Oakley for $60. If you wait until the first week of December you could get them with the F&F discount at the O Store too.

7. David F

Will do, I try to check every couple of days anyway but now in kicking myself in the ass for not jumping on them.

8. Enders

Enders Oakley Enthusiast

Theres a video on o review that i think says flak fit into halfs

9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Half 2.0, not the original I believe.

10. David F

I think you are right, stems seem to be the diff between those...