• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If Oakley Designed A Flashlight It Would ......

BLEZ

Oakley Enthusiast
Would it look like this ?
rybuta2e.jpg

Or like one of these ?

pe2u5asa.jpg
y2u3e6aq.jpg

Anyone ever use one of these???

Those all look cheap and Chinese. Depending on how vocal you want to be about Luxottica they'd fit right in.

But in all seriousness - look at Fenix, Streamlight, and Surefire lights if you want something that looks badass and works. All the rest of these are imitators and wannabes.

I always liked the look of the Cool Fall Spy 007 XM-L, but I never could justify the cost to myself. So, I understand were some people have a hard time understanding my Oakley spending. What are the second ones, I'm not sure about those?

Batman has it right on the Spy 007 XM-L2 (5C1- tint). The second two .... McGizmo LunaSol 20 & LunaSol 27 made by the king of kings, the master himself, Don Mcleish.

Those all look cheap and Chinese. Depending on how vocal you want to be about Luxottica they'd fit right in.

But in all seriousness - look at Fenix, Streamlight, and Surefire lights if you want something that looks badass and works. All the rest of these are imitators and wannabes.

Sounds like you've only heard of those three brands. There's tens of flashlight manufacturers that outperform Surefire.

nlgrav182 ever been on CPF? And yes, you are right, today's custom lights are worlds ahead from any light in production. However, Surefire lights still hold a very special place in the heart of the Flashaholic (thats what we call ourselves). In many ways, Oakley and Surefire share amazing similarities. Here are two extremely rare custom modified Surefire "shelf-queens". Check out the custom RPM Ti crenelated bezels!! Both lights have been upgraded with hand built custom brass towers fitted with XM-L2 LEDs with different color temps. Often these custom builds can take years to finish and require technical skills beyond your imagination.
hu2yde6e.jpg
pevymeby.jpg

Define "Outperform"?

Yeah, I've been on CPF. Yeah, there are a lot of amazing lights. I need lights to perform a task - provide light when it could save my life.

I have a few other lights from various brands. Some of them crapped out, some of them might stand up to some abuse. But I keep a Streamlight attached to my defensive firearms. And I keep a Surefire in my car, another next to my bed, and one to travel with. I give Fenix lights away as gifts to people who likely wouldn't like using a battery other than a AA/AAA.

And they look cool, too.

Back