• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If Oakley made your 'Signature Edition' . . . .

Ten
black ultrablend cerakote over chrome (essentially a kryptek pattern)
Mild distress on high points (not nearly as much as the craftsman distress)
black polar lenses
matte black icons
skull etching
kryptek black micro bag with a stylized RP steel block logo with the rust decay look.

Oakley X-Metal XX in a black chrome finish just like this...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

With Positive Red lenses etched with "RoTors".
The MF bag would have the carbon fiber print with "RoTors" and a emblem (TBA ;))

After some deliberation, here is my signature frame:

The Q Special
Frame: Offshoot in Matte Gold with Matte Black icons and bands. Maybe my forum names (QLR1, leQ) on the inside of the stems.
Lens color: 24K Gold Iridium Polarized
Bag: Plain black bag, with the cylinder case that comes with the Badman, but it'll be black and gold.

I chose something so ridiculous because Oakley has an outlandish past, so that is reflected. I picked the Offshoot because it was my gateway into the world of shield frames. Also, it is mainstream and affordable; I'd expect something I create to be accessible to all and not only for the moneyed metal snobs. If the watch line wasn't killed, I'd pair it with a black and gold Gearbox. I chose matte frames because they aren't used enough.

Hell, Oakley can do different colored variants (chrome, white, red), but they must be matte. Lenses: Positive red, chrome, BI (all polarized or nonpolarized)

Creativity isn't my thing, but here you go.

After some deliberation, here is my signature frame:

The Q Special
Frame: Offshoot in Matte Gold with Matte Black icons and bands. Maybe my forum names (QLR1, leQ) on the inside of the stems.
Lens color: 24K Gold Iridium Polarized

Yikes.

That's a LOT of gold, brah.

Yikes.

That's a LOT of gold, brah.
That it is... I actually thought Oakley could surround the whole frame with some matte black to tone it down, but this isn't about toning down, this is about being garishly bold. Job done.

@QLR1 Way to go brother! I like the bold and the gold... Get it all in there! I want that neon green on mine baby, ain't nobody gonna talk me out of it either. I like your "affordable to the masses" edict too. I'm in for a personally numbered pair please.

:smoke:

Back