• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

If you could only own 1 X-Metal, which style?

Soooooo totally adorable...

Anyways, I'm slightly leaning towards the XX...

But I think you can pull off some Juliets...

But again, I think the XX would be better...

I finally dug up a few pictures with me wearing Oakleys. I am not a fan of getting my picture taken but my wife loves snapping lots of pics. #1 is Crankcase, #2 is Fives Squared, #3 is Straight Jacket (check out my wife's custom cerakote fives squared in purplish dark grey with purple icons), and #4 is Flak Jacket. Hope I don't scare anyone with my mugshots:crazy:
Having owned most of those frames I can tell you the Juliet will suit you well. Given how large some of those medium sized frames look on you, the XX will just be too big IMO. You may also be one of the lucky few that can fit comfortably into a Penny. A fairly easy test would be to try on a Fuel Cell since they are still easy to find just about any place that sells Oakley. If it feels too big, you'll probably feel the same way about the XX. If it feels ok, you might be comfortable in the XX.

Thank you for another great, helpful reply. I have tried Fuel Cells and they fit OK but I preferred the Gas Cans because the Fuel Cells did indeed feel a bit big on the sides. I have those 4 pairs I pictured to choose from and all are in Canada.

Between the 2 Juliets, there's $110 difference in price. The 2nd pair pictured have one scuff on the frames and he said the rest is good. Box and coin not included but metal vault is. The 1st pair can pass as new according to the seller and is complete with box and coin. Its hard to choose without seeing in person.

I appreciate everyone's help. Cheers.

After checking out those pics I'm going to cast my vote for the Juliet. Personally, if I had to pick just one frame for myself, it would also be a Juliet. That is my go to frame more often than not. I think it would fit your face the best... If it is too small then the XX would be the next logical choice. Good luck, let us know what you decide!

I only had Juliets, Romeos and Mars Craters to compare with and among the 3, the Romeo 1 was the most comfortable pair, so that's my choice.

Back