• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm a dumbass... TB 2 strap problem.

oakleyhd066

Oakley Enthusiast
I just purchased my oakley TB 2 livestong. I messed up when sizing the strap. Oakley wants me to send the watch in which should take 2 to 3 weeks to fix. Does anyone know of a fix to this problem or where I can order a new strap.. Thanks

u3yny8ar.jpg

rujezu4e.jpg

If you send it in. Take lots and lots of pictures prior to you sending the watch in for service. One member had a rough time with the service as they scratched it up severely.

You can not order one and oakley.doesnt have any yellow ones. I spend two months trying to get one and 4 trips to hq. In the end they took a strap off a new one to help me. But that was with an oakley employee misssizing. If you did it the battle will be hard..

I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
You can fix it. I've been experimenting with a spare cut band with mine. Been holding well for the last 2 months wearing it daily.

Awww that sucks! I have to say sizing those watches is a pain in the a$$. The first time I sized one it took me an hour and a half because I didn't want to screw it up.
I have been hearing bad things about Oakley customer service lately. Which sucks, since I work for Oakley, I hate seeing that my customers aren't getting taking care of. I have been trying to take care of as many warranty claims as possible in store lately because of this. Maybe you could try contacting your local store to see if they could help you out at all.

best bet would be send it to a member close to HQ and have them take the watch in for you. Kick the member a little something for helping you out. After reading that horror story about that scratched up watch NO way in hell I'd ship my watch to oakley.

This is my attempt at fixing the strap..

I used toothpicks to align the holes.

e3ymapa2.jpg

After I cut it...

e9e7y3a3.jpg

The final result.

ezu8uver.jpg

The question is should I use super glue between the two pieces of rubber?

Well now it's pretty much junk. Coulda fixed it before. Looks pretty rough but I guess as long as it works, run with it.

What are you using to cut that? A butter knife? Lol

My plan is to still take it to oakley.

Good luck. Just got mine back from there. They dicked me around for a week about pretty much everything. As gecko said, I don't think they have any yellow bands either. Hope you can get it fixed up tho. Price isn't too crazy if they have the stuff to do it

What number is that livestong btw? Just curious.

Back